• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Firing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The fact that we have to pay for our own outside legal counsel to defend our interests when we merge with our "brothers".....speaks volumes as to what a scam this so-called "union" is...

When the Comair and ASA MECs got together to confer on a single list, it took a few minutes to agree on DOH then we spent the rest of the afternoon at the bar.

Unfortunately, we didn't belong to a national union that could force the issue.

Last edited:
You've got that right, Joe. I've been paying up, but thinking WTF along those lines!!

Owned by the same overseer....in the same union...WTF is the problem, over?

Wow, you're showing them, aren't you!? Do you wear high heels? "Hey guys. I just want you to know that this fee is making me think WTF. I just wanted to let you know that! Oh, and here is my $20! Sorry I was late with the fee, did I mention those are the most awesomest loafers you're wearing? And one last thing. The mustache is filling in nicely, you could so pass as an ALPA Chairman."

You don't agree with it, don't pay it.

Last edited:
With a money back guarantee, why would you not want to be ready to protect your job and seniority should there be a merger? Would you be the same pilot that would be whining when the merger happens and you don't have adequate protection because you did not have a fund setup to pay legal fees to protect your job? Pay the money--it's cheap insurance!

This is just a naive viewpoint. The Comair union will have no ability to dictate job allocation/protection in the event of a merger between the subsidiaries.

Wow, you're showing them, aren't you!?

You don't agree with it, don't pay it.

Just curious, how's your life going so far?

Does it seem like the IRS is always after you?

The law?

Are you suggesting Comair pilots should round up the MEC in a dark alley somewhere and beat them to a pulp?

Beat them to a pulp? No. Recall them? Yes. You only need two pilots that are in agreement to put a recall to vote at any LEC meeting.

Take control of your destiny....don't just sit back and b*tch about how others are screwing you.

There actually was a recall on our MEC, or at least a meeting scheduled to deal with the suggested recall. Funny how things like that get stifled quickly and noone hears what comes of them...

There actually was a recall on our MEC, or at least a meeting scheduled to deal with the suggested recall. Funny how things like that get stifled quickly and noone hears what comes of them...

It was a recall of the LEC officers at the last meeting.

The results were in the meeting minutes email sent out by the MEC. The recalls failed.

The people who started the recall were suggesting paycuts for "job protection"

It was a recall of the LEC officers at the last meeting.

The results were in the meeting minutes email sent out by the MEC. The recalls failed.

The people who started the recall were suggesting paycuts for "job protection"

Last Cappy I flew with is on the board. It was like 107-24 or something in that range on the vote. He supported the RJDC and that was the end of any side conversations on our 3 day trip.

Latest resources

Back