• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Firing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you guys vote to approve this assessment?

I saw in the latest FastRead that the MEC Chairman has been replaced with a new guy. Was that related to this situation?

You read at a 1st grade level? Your reading and comprehension must suck if you didnt see the answer to your question on the first page. There are only 2-3 post about it.
Maybe you can get some money back from GIA and go buy Hooked on Phonics.

Come on, give 'em a break! They lost huge income from US Airways, and now need to do everything they can to bring in new $$$$$. How else are the head honchos suppose to buy a new Mercedes Benz S Class every two years?!

With a money back guarantee, why would you not want to be ready to protect your job and seniority should there be a merger? Would you be the same pilot that would be whining when the merger happens and you don't have adequate protection because you did not have a fund setup to pay legal fees to protect your job? Pay the money--it's cheap insurance!
I'll take it that you're being sarcastic.

"Money Back Guarantee"? TriStar pointed out the vagueness of that statement "When it's obvious there will be no merger?" No deadlines or anything.

Just like cheap insurance, the pilots who have paid may never be able to collect on their claim.

Come on, give 'em a break! They lost huge income from US Airways, and now need to do everything they can to bring in new $$$$$. How else are the head honchos suppose to buy a new Mercedes Benz S Class every two years?!

Merger assessments don't go to National. They stay in a local account at the MEC level that can only be used for merger issues.

It's kind of interesting how the airlines have yet to blame the bad economy for their current situations. Being that the airlines were hurting far ahead of most of businesses and industries I think they will be one of the last industries to recover from all of this. Each time you see a company on the news get rid of jobs, there are that many people that can't afford to buy a plane ticket. There is also that many fewer business travelers in the system. I think anyone that believes there might be recalls soon is living a pipe dream and in reality I think we will only see more cuts.

Merger assessments don't go to National. They stay in a local account at the MEC level that can only be used for merger issues.
BS. The letter I got was from National.

Assessment

Dang, I can't believe they actually imposed an assessment without a vote. That takes some balls. You guys need to pressure your new MEC Chair to get a change to the MEC policy manual to require membership ratification of assessments.

No need to change anything. Article IX Section 7c of the CB&L Says it all:

C. Assessments may be levied on the members in the employ of any airline by the respective
Master Executive Council to cover extraordinary expenses for any strike or other benefit purposes,
and for any other lawful trade union purpose, by a majority vote by secret ballot of the members of
such Master Executive Council, or by a majority vote of the valid ballots returned of the membership
of such airline voting in a membership referendum conducted by secret ballot under Association
Voting Procedures.

They had a choice, and they chose not to put it to a vote because they were afraid the pilots would shoot it down with the lack of information they were, and still are presenting.

Latest resources

Back