• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Facing Reduced Flying With Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta could save themselves the $400 mil/year by cutting out executive bonuses, but thats not Anderson's style. Not at Northwest, not at United Health. Why should it be any different at Delta?

The only word I can come up with to describe Delta's management is pathetic. They just come out of bankruptcy months ago, and are headed straight back for it.

EDIT: Just noticed on the company site they are asking for two VOLUNTEER crews to come in to fly and taxi a 70 seater around for some kids for a half hour or so. Just pathetic.

What? Where do you come up with this? I think they are doing a lot better, primarily because there are better people running the show. Leo Mullin and Fred Reid were horrible, but Anderson, Bastain, and Glen Hauenstein are allowing us to turn the corner. Sure, BK was tough, and nobody likes taking paycuts etc. But, I have more confidence in the current management because they are seasoned airline people, not bankers. That doesn't mean they will give us an extra penny when it comes to new contract time in 09, but running the company day to day is something they can do.

As far as Comair goes, they have screwed themselves over and over. The Comair pilots climbed the RJ bandwagon and "believed the hype" back in the late 90s, thinking they were invincible. Their strike cost us $1 billion, and they still didn't get everything they wanted, but rather the scorn of most Delta pilots (for not helping out our furloughed pilots unless they got more 70 seaters) and Delta management. With the proliferation of more DCI carriers, it was only inevitable that Comair get some "payback." Delta learned a costly lesson in allowing only one regional at each hub, and now have two or three. Will we at Delta ever go BK again? Time will tell, but having too many RJs would lead us back there even quicker. Many of them need to go, especially 37 and 50 seaters.

Bye Bye--General Lee

What? Where do you come up with this? I think they are doing a lot better, primarily because there are better people running the show. Leo Mullin and Fred Reid were horrible, but Anderson, Bastain, and Glen Hauenstein are allowing us to turn the corner. Sure, BK was tough, and nobody likes taking paycuts etc. But, I have more confidence in the current management because they are seasoned airline people, not bankers. That doesn't mean they will give us an extra penny when it comes to new contract time in 09, but running the company day to day is something they can do.

As far as Comair goes, they have screwed themselves over and over. The Comair pilots climbed the RJ bandwagon and "believed the hype" back in the late 90s, thinking they were invincible. Their strike cost us $1 billion, and they still didn't get everything they wanted, but rather the scorn of most Delta pilots (for not helping out our furloughed pilots unless they got more 70 seaters) and Delta management. With the proliferation of more DCI carriers, it was only inevitable that Comair get some "payback." Delta learned a costly lesson in allowing only one regional at each hub, and now have two or three. Will we at Delta ever go BK again? Time will tell, but having too many RJs would lead us back there even quicker. Many of them need to go, especially 37 and 50 seaters.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, what you don't get is that the Comair strike was not about you, not about Delta or any mainline carrier. It was about a group of pilots trying to do better for themselves under an oppressive management. Delta screwed themselves by buying Comair, Comair was screwed by being bought Delta. I've been reading your hogwash for years and frankly, you sir really bother me. Most pilots don't wish ill on other pilots. I know if I was in your place, I'd be thankful instead of wishing revenge on others. I hope something will humble you at some point, otherwise I will not sit by you, nor will many others. Get laid, drink beers, but please please for the sake of us all, get off that horse. Goodnight.

Paid for by the committee for equal treatment of professional pilots who don't have the God given ability to be Delta pilots.

Wrigley, you forget that everything is about General Lee. This guy's probably got more posts than flight hours.

Comair can shut its doors, if it's future survival is dependent on my paycheck. There are too many other opportunities available out there...both in and out of the aviation industry.

I wonder how much revenue selling tickets for the company holiday party will generate?

Just Pathetic

Delta could save themselves the $400 mil/year by cutting out executive bonuses, but thats not Anderson's style. Not at Northwest, not at United Health. Why should it be any different at Delta?

The only word I can come up with to describe Delta's management is pathetic. They just come out of bankruptcy months ago, and are headed straight back for it.

EDIT: Just noticed on the company site they are asking for two VOLUNTEER crews to come in to fly and taxi a 70 seater around for some kids for a half hour or so. Just pathetic.

What is more pathetic?

1) Asking a group of "professional" pilots to volunteer some time to help throw a "Operation North Pole" party for some disadvantaged kids.

2) Thinking that you are getting screwed by management again because they asked you to volunteer to help some kids out.

Do you really think you should be paid for this? Please tell me that isn't what you meant. Seriously, they asked for a volunteer. That's it. Whay does everything have to be a conspiriacy to keep you down. So don't volunteer. Someone else will because they are kind and want to help others. The answer to the question is you. You are pathetic.

I did the operation North Pole last year. It was fun, almost all of the kids that were there had never even been to the airport, let alone been on an airplane. We flew around downtown Cincinnati for about 10 minutes turned around and landed.

It was a fun experience, the kids are funny they get nervous around you, because to them you are someone who does something they dream of doing, and you get free cookies at the end.

It is at most 2 hours of your time to better the lives of some kids. It may not be for you, thats fine, but don't discourage other people from doing it.

Unfortunately I have plans already and won't be able to volunteer again this year

You know what? You guys are right. I was a little hot blooded (and had probably one too many) after hearing all of the doom and gloom bad news yesterday. I got 4 phone calls by noon from friends within the company telling me what was being said and I let it tick me off. I re-read what I posted this morning and see it's quite harsh.

It's a good chance for some kids to have some fun, I know I would have loved to have the opportunity to meet some real airline pilots.

My apologies guys.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back