• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Facing Reduced Flying With Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
13. Drum Roll, Please.....and the kicker is... a 2nd round of BK is a distinct possibility!!

Keep Smilin'!

And that's the segway to hit the Delta pilots up for more concessions...Which they'll surely accept, despite the General's chest thumping. DCI E190s, here we come!!!

I have not brushed up on my bankruptcy law lately but haven't the laws changed. I think an airline entering into bankruptcy now faces a much less friendly system. I would guess that every airline would do their best to avoid bk this time around.

Does anyone out there have details on the changes of the law?

hey AMF needs pilots in CVG I think
They do. Looking for Metro Captains and EMB 120 FO's.
Metro-
Operates on a TDY (3 weeks on, 1 week off) schedule. Basic compensation is 40 units SA227 weekly.

2500TT and 1000 ME PIC.....but most likely will work with what you have.

Last edited:
I have not brushed up on my bankruptcy law lately but haven't the laws changed. I think an airline entering into bankruptcy now faces a much less friendly system. I would guess that every airline would do their best to avoid bk this time around.

Does anyone out there have details on the changes of the law?

If memory serves me, the new law institutes a time limit a company can be in bankruptcy. I don't know what happens if you exceed the limit, but Delta has streamlined the bankruptcy process so I don't see why a pesky time limit would bother them.

Delta could save themselves the $400 mil/year by cutting out executive bonuses, but thats not Anderson's style. Not at Northwest, not at United Health. Why should it be any different at Delta?

The only word I can come up with to describe Delta's management is pathetic. They just come out of bankruptcy months ago, and are headed straight back for it.

EDIT: Just noticed on the company site they are asking for two VOLUNTEER crews to come in to fly and taxi a 70 seater around for some kids for a half hour or so. Just pathetic.

Last edited:
5. DL says they need to cut costs by $400 mil/yr in order to avoid re-entering bk as post bk business plan didn't figure for current cost of fuel.

Keep Smilin'!
Profit for the year and probably break even in the fourth quarter. I can believe the need to cut costs, but bankruptcy... sure hope not.

Any aspiring shiny jet Fo's please apply to Comair soon. Seniority number 500-1200 will soon be gone, if any of them have any sense. Upgrades will be available in 09 once the expenses are cut. Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back