Comair exit poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JI Gone OH said:
Hey look, I'm not sure what the answer is for you guys down in ATL. What I do know is that I have been at COMAIR for over 3 years, and y'all have been negotiating for just about the entire time I have been here. I appreciate and believe that you were planning on raising the bar, but the question is when? We can't afford to sit around and wait for you, and in the meantime watch these airplanes continue be allocated to other "portfolio" carriers, esp. the non-WO's like CHQ. It's time for us to either ride the pine or get in the game. I prefer the latter....

I do understand and respect your views, but what you see and what we see are 2 very different pictures.

I started a thread called "BOTTOM FEEDERS" about a month ago about people like you... I know you are one of them from this statement...

The jist of the thread is that people that are getting hired by regionals now days are totally ignorant to the process of aviation contract negotiations.. Gone OH.. YOu have proven yourself TOTALLY ignorant to the negotiation process.. People like you should not be allowed to vote.. You are like the people in the Walmart in West Memphis Ark. YOu should not be allowed to breed.

Wacopilot said:
atrdriver

And who did we have helping us during negotiations????? Not one airline. We did it on our own much like you at ASA should do if you want to be successful. If you think that CMR is going to give you the ability to gain a positive working agreement then you are mistaken. Quit riding my back, your weighing me down! Now go find your own ball to play with. You negotiate your contract and I will negotiate mine.ASA needs to step up and prove that you have the Ba!!s to fight for a good contract. The top is a lonely place. With that said, I voted no.

Waco

Waco... I would like to thank you for voting NO.. You have made a wise decision.. I must respond to your statement though...

Our two MEC's are the strongest entity in the "regional" business.. You might have signed your contract on your own, but you did it PRE 9/11 and guess what, TIMES HAVE CHANGED. We need your support to take advantage to raise the "regional" QOL and Pay Scale bar. And the funny thing is.... Drumm roll please.... You will need us when it comes time for you to renegotiate!!!

av8tor4239 said:
I started a thread called "BOTTOM FEEDERS" about a month ago about people like you... I know you are one of them from this statement...

The jist of the thread is that people that are getting hired by regionals now days are totally ignorant to the process of aviation contract negotiations.. Gone OH.. YOu have proven yourself TOTALLY ignorant to the negotiation process.. People like you should not be allowed to vote. You are like the people in the Walmart in West Memphis Ark. YOu should not be allowed to breed. QUOTE]

I am not going to sit here and waste my time defending myself to the likes of you and your juvenile insults, but I will have you know that Comair is not my first airline. With flying for three (3) 121 carriers now, you can rest assured knowing that I am more than privy to the contract negotiation process. I venture to bet that I have existed in this industry a little bit longer and have seen just a little bit more than you. Don't misinterpret me and suggest that I am saying I am any "smarter," but the rules of the game have changed, and if you don't wake up and see that pretty d*mn quick the ships going to leave and you'll be left behind.

Like Fins, I certainly understand and respect your point of view; in fact I welcome it. Try and lay off the insults and the childish banter as you'll give yourself a lot more credibilty. Nice weekend.....

P.S. I am only 1 vote out of 1900. My ignorance shouldn't effect the outcome too much.

P.S.S. Who did you fly that E-145 for Bro? It wouldn't be one of those "BOTTOM FEEDERS" like me you alluded to above would it ;-)

Last edited:
JI Gone OH said:
P.S.S. Who did you fly that E-145 for Bro? It wouldn't be one of those "BOTTOM FEEDERS" like me you alluded to above would it ;-)

The reference bottom feeder has to do with the type of people that are getting hired at the airlines right now... The regionals dont have to offer what they used to.. it is no longer a stepping stone like it used to be... I have had several experiences where I have been on the crew bus in the past few months and ran into newhires for our company that were very cocky and had attitudes towards there job, that they could do better than the job that they just got hired into..
Bottom Feeders was not a reference to any one particular airline, but it was a reference to a particular kind of newhire pilot.

I flew the E-145 for continental express back in 2001.. I was quickly furloughed after the terrorist attacks of 9/11. I got the priviledge to work as a ramp agent for a year before ASA was kind enough to offer me employment.. I turned down my recall to Continetal Express and Stayed with ASA..

PS.. I dont hate you, I just feel very stronly about the vote that is on your Table and have very strong opinions about pilots selling out to management for growth..

I strongly believe that your management team told you things that are completely untrue about mother delta reducing your flying and your fleet... i also feel very strongly that you have a very secure place in the connection market and this is a way for Fred and Delta main to prove to the world that they can control yours and our contracts. I also feel very strongly, weather you have yes or no vote to your LOA, you will get the growth airplanes.

Just a few thoughts here.

First, for those of you who think that Comair pilots are running scared and flocking to the polls to vote YES, the current exit poll shows 57% YES to 43% NO. This shows that we are clearly divided on this topic. So please don't stereotype all of us for tucking our tails and giving in to Fast Freddy.

Second, for those of you who think that the new pay matrix will sustain us as the highest paid regional pilots, you are mistaken. A couple of pilots posted the figures on the CMR APLA message boards. Here's a summary:

The pay example given to us in the LOA shows the pay for a current 5 year Captain. A 5 year Captain will earn 68.13/hr and will be frozen at that rate. When the freeze is over in June 2007, this Captain will go to the next longevity step, or 6 year pay (70.23/hr).

If you compare our 6 year pay to other 6 year pay rates for our peer airlines in 2007, we are indeed at the top of the industry pay rates.

But wait! If you don't drink the Cool Aid, you will realize that the 6 year pay rate at Comair will only come after 8 YEARS OF SERVICE! Compare the pay rate for 8 YOS at Comair to 8 YOS at our peer airlines in 2007 and we are almost at the bottom of the industry for pay rates. Don't let JC and Freddy Krueger fool you into thinking that our pay will be somthing to aspire to.

Third, I have been at comair since before the strike. There seems to be a stereotype that we all think that those of us who we there at the time are better than the rest of you. When I show up to work every day, I see a pilot group that is humble, yet proud of what we accomplished in 2001. There are a few vocal braggarts on here who like to blow their own horns, but they do not speak for the majority of us. Like my fellow Comair pilots, I am proud of what we accomplished, but I do not think for a second that I am better than anyone else. Every airline that has voted in a contract since we did in 2001 did what they thought was right. Did they do what was right for themselves? For the industry? Time will tell. Will Comair do what is right for themselves and the industry? Time will tell that too.

Whichever way this vote goes, it will be difficult on the Comair pilots and possibly the rest of the industry.

What's the number of that truck driving school?

C425Driver

jetjck2 said:
So what is the latest poll showing---Yes or No?

Read the post above yours. He just stated it is 57 to 43 percent to the yes side.

av8tor4239 said:
PS.. I dont hate you, I just feel very stronly about the vote that is on your Table and have very strong opinions about pilots selling out to management for growth..

I strongly believe that your management team told you things that are completely untrue about mother delta reducing your flying and your fleet... i also feel very strongly that you have a very secure place in the connection market and this is a way for Fred and Delta main to prove to the world that they can control yours and our contracts. I also feel very strongly, weather you have yes or no vote to your LOA, you will get the growth airplanes.

And again, I respect your feelings on the issue. I don't like being faced with the choice we are having to make, but I don't feel as though we are selling out. We are being forced to get our labor costs in line with our competion; it's as simple as that. Delta has shown their hand as to who gets growth: the cheapest. And as I have said in previous posts, I don't believe for a minute that we will get the airplanes if we say No. Fred can't reward us for telling him to pack sand. If I were on the outside looking in, I might feel as strongly as you did about this. At present, COMAIR has zero (0) growth airplanes on order and quite frankly that concerns me. Companies don't sit idle, they either grow or shrink. This is an opportunity for us to continue in what I would consider to be the right direction.

I appreciate your insight minus the insults. Nice weekend....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back