Comair Emergency in CVG on 6/30/05

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FracCapt said:
I can definitely tell you this much....I sure as hell don't ever want to be on an RJ flying a trip as long as CVG to PDX! :D

Try PWM. Portland, ME and yes Comair flies there from Cincy

Hey everyone, greetings. This is my first post here so don't beat me up too bad. I believe this is two seperate incidents. I was departing CVG that day also and heard the Delta Mainline flight returning due to the pressurization problems. They landed on runway 27, tower said something to the effect that the pilots requested it due to the wind. Anyway, I don't know about the comair flight. Haven't heard anything about that. Not too unusual to have a precautionary landing where the firetrucks follow you down the runway. They like to get out of that firehouse afterall. As far as them deploying the thrust reversers, that doesn't mean much. We are able to fly with a thrust reverser deferred and still use the remaining one on landing. Don't notice too much difference on the landing, just need to use a little more rudder than normal. Anyway, hope this helps to clear up some of the speculation.

J.;)

Mu2Driver said:
I was waiting to depart CVG on 27 when Comair came in with an emergency on 36R at about 1310 local. Looked like they deployed the TRs on landing and the trucks followed him all the way down the runway. Anyone know what it was all about???

I was a non-rev on this flight. It was a precautionary landing for a gear disagree message. No biggie. The trucks like to roll for anything out of the ordinary.

wrigley23 said:
The trucks like to roll for anything out of the ordinary.
Exactly. Just yesterday there was a Comair flight came in with hydraulic system 1 inop. All that does is you lose the outboard ground spoilers, no biggie. Yet they had every firetruck available sitting out there waiting to pounce on them as they landed.

J:rolleyes:

yesterday evening in MKE, a Midwest Airlines flight was chocked and stopped on a taxiway. A Midex van and the airport authorities were out there...it almost looked like a traffic stop for a speeding ticket.

I think if you're around aviation a short time, you'll see something like this...just pilots doing the right thing, following their ops manual and being cautious. You wouldn't want to be like those NWA guys that got into a fender bender with another airliner. When that little voice inside your head is telling you to do the right thing, it's usually for a reason.

Latest resources

Back