• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Emergency in CVG on 6/30/05

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait a sec...MU2Driver said he saw Comair come back in with an emergency, but YOURNAMEHERE posted a news articel about a mainline flight to PDX.

So..I'm confused...was it a Delta mainline, flight and MU2Driver saw wrong, or a Comair flight, and the news article got it wrong.....

Ailerongirl said:
Wait a sec...MU2Driver said he saw Comair come back in with an emergency, but YOURNAMEHERE posted a news articel about a mainline flight to PDX.

So..I'm confused...was it a Delta mainline, flight and MU2Driver saw wrong, or a Comair flight, and the news article got it wrong.....

I was thinking the same thing, the only RJ I've ever seen fly into PDX with delta colors was an ASA aircraft.....by the way this thread has me laughing so hard the girl I'm working with thinks I'm crazy, keep it up!

FL000 said:
On the way home from the airport yesterday, I saw a guy on the side of the road removing a tire from his vehicle and putting another one on in its place. It was on I-75/85 N in Atlanta. Anyone know what happened???
Nevermind. It was on all the news channels. Apparently his tire didn't reach pressurization.

FL000 said:
On the way home from the airport yesterday, I saw a guy on the side of the road removing a tire from his vehicle and putting another one on in its place. It was on I-75/85 N in Atlanta. Anyone know what happened???

Their TR's were prematurely deployed.

bandit110 said:
Wow they depolyed the TR's............must be serious.

That what I was thinking. What did they need to get stopped for?

bandit110 said:
Wow they depolyed the TR's............must be serious.

Maybe not, but it sure indicated that both engines were running, indicating that was not the problem.

Not such a stupid observation after all.

Dr Pokenhiemer said:
In the Lear 35, cruising at FL410, you set the pressurization for FL440 (always 1,000 feet above assigned altitude). The cabin should pressurize to about 5800-6000 feet. If the cabin pressure only shows 3000 feet, it hasn't "reached" the desired pressure. If this happens and you return for landing, someone will eventually start a thread on this board about it. lol Hope that kind of answers your question. Depending on you altitude, this could be dangerous. Nothing would happen down low (below 10K), but at high altitudes this problem could be fatal.

Seems like it "reached" the desired pressure to me. More like the cabin is now overpressured. But you're right...at high altitudes this could be fatal.

400A said:
Maybe not, but it sure indicated that both engines were running, indicating that was not the problem.

Not necessarily. Some aircraft have accumulators that will allow one TR deployment and retraction cycle, regardless of whether the engine is running or not. I'm not familiar with the RJ, so I can't comment on that system on that aircraft.

I can definitely tell you this much....I sure as hell don't ever want to be on an RJ flying a trip as long as CVG to PDX! :D

FracCapt said:
Not necessarily. Some aircraft have accumulators that will allow one TR deployment and retraction cycle, regardless of whether the engine is running or not. I'm not familiar with the RJ, so I can't comment on that system on that aircraft.

I can definitely tell you this much....I sure as hell don't ever want to be on an RJ flying a trip as long as CVG to PDX! :D

Did not know that. Guess the drag would help some.

Latest resources

Back