• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair/Delta question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone wants to repeat what this delta pilot said and what that pilot said, and yet it is HR who does the hiring. Is there some old crust delta dude doing the hiring, yes. But do think he even knows who comair is? Now is there a pilot among us who can find any methoid to HR and their half wit way of selecting pilots. Answer: NO But please continue the debate. Nothing funnier than FLAME

They have hired CMR pilots. It is illegal not to interview them. Once you get the interview it is yours to loose. It does not matter who you know or who your work for it all becomes about what you can and will bring to the Delta Family.

With a list of 6000 or so pilots, you are gonna have a few "Wh0res". Like you, I know how I feel about that issue also, but that`s for another thread.

I don't think it's for another thread. Do Delta pilots who didn't pick up open time have the same disdain for Delta pilots who pick up open time as they do for Comair pilots? The fact is that there are a few Comair pilots who actively supported the company's policy not to hire Delta pilots without giving up their seniority number, yet there are Delta pilots who seem to hate all Comair pilots. That's fine, I'm not going to tell you whom to like or dislike, but do the Delta pilots who hate all Comair pilots also have the same disdain for all Delta pilot's who picked up open time? It's very easy to see exactly who picked up open time for Delta; are they chastised for their actions at work or on the ALPA forum?

As I said before, when I was furloughed I found out there were some guys who picked up open time. I have no problems telling them how I feel, about them, in person or on the internet when my name is not hidden behind an anonymous user name. Needless to say I can understand why Delta pilots might have a problem with Comair problems, however I can't understand why anyone who has any influence in hiring would make a blanket dismissal of all Comair pilots irregardless of their personal opinions on the subject. It's their prerogative, I just don't understand it.

I believe I directed those words at you because it certainly sounds like you are condoning the idea of taking some sort of vendetta out on people who have absolutely nothing to do with past problems between Delta and Comair. If the pilots at Delta have a problem with hiring people who are getting on with Comair now (2006, 7, etc) due to their affiliation with Comair, then they lead sad, pathetic lives.

And I believe you are reading something into my posts that are not there. I think that I was fairly careful to answer Powerrangers question, not give a personal opinion on the pros or cons as to " should the vindetta against Comair continue". I affirmed that it was there, and that I thought that it would be advisable to build his time elsewhere. I`ve been gone for 10 years, but my son was hired 4 months after I left. I hear all of the latest from him as well as his classmates and some of my old copilots (one of which is a chief pilot) about all things Delta. Now I`m gonna give you my opinion...It`s killing a bug with an A bomb. The entire senority list is pissed and upset about what has happened in the past couple of years. They are lashing out at anyone or anything..Comair happens to be a visable target. To hold a grudge against those that weren`t there when it happened is wrong...There...happy?

This has nothing to do with the ones that are getting on now. It all started back in 2002 with lawson et al. The problem most of us have was the defaning silence taken by the cmr pilot group at large! We never heard anything from them, not one peep! Hey, its flight info. How about posting something here......I only saw one thing ever posted by one military guy in a letter he wrote to lawson, only to not get a response. In 2002 the hiring at DL seemed decades away and the cmr pilot group at that time rolled the dice....The rolled wrong. So our furloughs weren't good enough to share a cockpit with them when out of work.....What makes it any different now that its at DL??

I fail to see how you hold the pilot group responsible for a stupid move on the part of its union leadership, and insist you'll continue to punish the average line pilot. That's not fair.

You do know that NONE of those elected reps made it past that year, and only JC is still in that MEC. And I doubt JC will be moving on to another airline. Hopefully you also realize that the pilot group at large cannot recall an MEC officer, they can only recall an LEC officer. So truly, it's not fair to blame the Comair pilots. They took care of the renegade MEC by recalling the reps or forcing them out in elections. What more do you want of them?

Good thing line pilots aren't in charge of hiring. It will be interesting to see what percentage of applying Comair pilots are hired. I'll bet that percentage is in line with those from every other airline.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back