• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair/Delta question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the moral of the story is that it's impossible to avoid ticking off people. No matter what you do, someone else is going to have a problem with it. The solution? Choose the best option for your own situation ,within reason of course, and let them be ticked. It's not something that you can control. If PowerRanger is dead set on going to Delta (a decision that I think is a little premature, given the stage of his flying career) then he should avoid Comair. For others, Comair works just fine. Delta won't be an option, or maybe it will--it's impossible to predict at this point. And if it's not, then that's ok. There are other good options out there.

-Goose

Last edited:
The E170 is nice, it gets my SJS going. But my first choice is ASA, lots of Delta connections there. So lets hope that they soon get their s**t together!

Not bloody likely. ASA is in a downward spiral. I give them 3 years and it will be gone. In May, it will have been 5 years since they opened up negotiations, Delta fired their ramp and gate people and replaced them with Delta employees, and the attrition is so significant on line and in the training department, they cannot replace pilots fast enough. Go to Skywest if you want a chance. The parent company will always be around, the stepchild ASA will not.

Not bloody likely. ASA is in a downward spiral. I give them 3 years and it will be gone. In May, it will have been 5 years since they opened up negotiations, Delta fired their ramp and gate people and replaced them with Delta employees, and the attrition is so significant on line and in the training department, they cannot replace pilots fast enough. Go to Skywest if you want a chance. The parent company will always be around, the stepchild ASA will not.

Funny, they said the samething about Comair. It is the place to avoid right now. But if they signed just an ok contract with growth tomorrow, they'd be the place to be.

And here folk we find a great shining example as to why our industry is troubled. Go for the growth and get an ok contract. Who cares about our future, when I can upgrade in a jet in just one week. Give it up for the ranger, what a great idea. Lets down size the majors for growth and sign an ok contract so not only do i up grade in a week but I can be a captain with an ok contract. Junior manning sounds fun. Who needs pay. We all love this job so much I bet we should paying management to fly. And seeing as how we down sized the majors I have no where to go so I am stuck. I dont care if your flaming or not the fact that it was said I say your a flamer. I posted on this thred before. I said to get a job... I am now changing it to shut up and go get some experiance and then try to go get a job.

Retired guy is right on in his assessment! I'm one of those furloughed guys who ComAir decided they could not possibly hire without my resignation from Delta. ComAir's changing of resignation policy to suit their needs, and J.C. Lawson's furlough letter, is a fully different thread.

I have spoken to the V.P. of Flight Ops on this issue, hiring panel members, and the committee that was formed to craft the hiring process. In all honesty, it's not just the 1060 furloughees that feel this way towards ComAir hiring; I have not met a pilot (even those hired in the 80's and 90's) who does not share a similar feeling. Does that include all Delta pilots? Obviously not, but I believe I can safely state that the majority of pilots at Delta feel the same as myself. Oh--I'm 37 and have 23/28 years left; most other furloughees were my age or younger, so we and our feelings are not going to be retiring in the next few years as stated in another post.

I think Delta will hire a number of ComAir pilots; there are some good guys/gals out there who will be a great addition to Delta. However, I believe those hired will be a small minority of those who apply.

My $.02.

That sage of wisdom, Imacdog (the C 310 pilot) has called me a "loser" and then modified that to "idiot" because I stated my answer to Power Rangers question.

I believe I directed those words at you because it certainly sounds like you are condoning the idea of taking some sort of vendetta out on people who have absolutely nothing to do with past problems between Delta and Comair. If the pilots at Delta have a problem with hiring people who are getting on with Comair now (2006, 7, etc) due to their affiliation with Comair, then they lead sad, pathetic lives.

I believe I directed those words at you because it certainly sounds like you are condoning the idea of taking some sort of vendetta out on people who have absolutely nothing to do with past problems between Delta and Comair. If the pilots at Delta have a problem with hiring people who are getting on with Comair now (2006, 7, etc) due to their affiliation with Comair, then they lead sad, pathetic lives.

This has nothing to do with the ones that are getting on now. It all started back in 2002 with lawson et al. The problem most of us have was the defaning silence taken by the cmr pilot group at large! We never heard anything from them, not one peep! Hey, its flight info. How about posting something here......I only saw one thing ever posted by one military guy in a letter he wrote to lawson, only to not get a response. In 2002 the hiring at DL seemed decades away and the cmr pilot group at that time rolled the dice....The rolled wrong. So our furloughs weren't good enough to share a cockpit with them when out of work.....What makes it any different now that its at DL??

And here folk we find a great shining example as to why our industry is troubled. Go for the growth and get an ok contract. Who cares about our future, when I can upgrade in a jet in just one week. Give it up for the ranger, what a great idea. Lets down size the majors for growth and sign an ok contract so not only do i up grade in a week but I can be a captain with an ok contract. Junior manning sounds fun. Who needs pay. We all love this job so much I bet we should paying management to fly. And seeing as how we down sized the majors I have no where to go so I am stuck. I dont care if your flaming or not the fact that it was said I say your a flamer. I posted on this thred before. I said to get a job... I am now changing it to shut up and go get some experiance and then try to go get a job.

First off, sorry not a flamer. But I think that you mistakened the nature of my post.

It was dripping with sarcasm. Lets try this again. He said ASA sucks, don't go there, it's a horrible company to be at. I say, wait,they said the samething about Comair, and look at it now. I then attempt to make an example saying. I bet if they (ASA) got just an "okay" contract but growth, which equals upgrades people would be climbing over themselves to get there and then they'd be the new hot place to be.

Now, obviously I didn't explain it correctly the first time, but that was my intent. But I don't think that I left anything out this time.

Lastly, I don't post here alot so you can (if you want) look at the body of my post to see what kind of poster that I am here at FI. And disern for yourself if I come here to ask serious questions, and add content to the forum. Or get everyone riled up, make immature insults from the safety of my computer and sit back like a loser and enjoy the show.

Good day sir!

If the pilots at Delta have a problem with hiring people who are getting on with Comair now (2006, 7, etc) due to their affiliation with Comair, then they lead sad, pathetic lives.

My thoughts exactly.

Heilborn1 said:
I think Delta will hire a number of ComAir pilots; there are some good guys/gals out there who will be a great addition to Delta. However, I believe those hired will be a small minority of those who apply.

I tend to agree with this, and I stand corrected about previous statements concerning Delta retirees. The thing is, the way the interview at Delta sounds, I think those hired will be a small minority of those that apply, whether they are from Comair or not. It's just that kind of interview.

PowerRanger said:
Funny, they said the samething about Comair. It is the place to avoid right now.

That's funny, I'm in the position to be making that decision right now, and I can think of a dozen airlines right off the top of my head that would be worse situations than Comair, and probably another half if I consulted my notes and spreadsheet.

-Goose

With the animosity that Delta pilots feel for Comair pilots because of the furlough issue, their MEC and the RJDC.

Would flying for Comair be a death knoll for a career at Delta? I know several DL pilots that exclaim that there will never be another CMR pilot hired at Delta.

But I'm wondering if since CMR is hiring (have a new CBA) when I have the hours to apply to the best major around hands down (Delta). Would being a CMR pilot bar me from DL employment simply by association, or would they look at my hire date and see that obviously I wasn't employed by CMR when all the nonsense went down?

I know that Delta pilots really like ASA pilots. ASA is my first choice, but with the continued instability over there, I'm beginning to look to other avenues of employment.

Not a flame post, total serious question (I know what's that on FI) lookingf or some good honest feedback.

I honestly think you will not get hired at Delta at whatever regional you flew for. Anyone that has Go Go Power Rangers on their profile is a no no!

<sarcasm>

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back