• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair/Delta question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I left CMR over 2 years ago... and I still cant get the stink off me!

Worst 3 years of my life. Having been laid off from Midway, I should have done something else instead of going to CVG.

Looks like you made out VERY, VERY well over there at NJI on the G-Whizzes. I wish all of us could be so lucky..................

Looks like you made out VERY, VERY well over there at NJI on the G-Whizzes. I wish all of us could be so lucky..................

I knew two guys here that also went to NJI without previous G experience. One was a senior captain and the other had some previous corporate experience, I think with some international flying. So they do hire some folks without Gulfstream experience.

look kid get a job, get some time. do you really think hr real cares about who you fly for. i am guessing theres not alot of 121 time under your belt go get some. if comair hires you are you really going to turn them down?

Here's some advise...

It's laughable that these threads even exist. Ben Johnson is 100% right bytheway.

PowerRangers...if you're not just flaimbaiting, you would be better served to focus on crossing that 200TT line than worrying about a Delta career path. Here's a piece of decent advise...do your Comm Multi first...the 10 hrs of SE complex will be worthless and never help you in a job search. If you need a SE add on to your Comm ticket for CFI purposes, it will be easy to do later on.

Having an end goal is fine, but you will find much greater success by focusing on each step along the way instead of salivating over those double breasted suits. To get from 180TT to any major is an enormous task that will overwhelm most along the way...keep your head down and do each step well and you'll find success.

Here's how it's going to work. You will get your dream job with XYZ because of a combination of the following - listed in general order of importance - Connections, luck, timing, skill/qualifications. Don't be one of the countless pilots who works it the exact opposite way and thinks that with 1000 121 PIC they have now earned the right to be a major airline pilot. Notice, where you work is not on that list.

It's your choice buddy, but I figured I'd chime in just in case you are seriously thinking of listening to Gen Lee and his chronies. He is exactly the wrong type to listen or aspire too...they're about advancing their personal agendas and opinions, not about helping or giving a sh^t about you. The pretend like they're helping you by bashing Comair, but in reality they're just pushing they're own narrow minded and insulated opinions.

I wish I lived in your fantasy world

Having Comair on your resume would NOT help you get on with Delta. I would look at other avenues, like Shuttle America (CHQ), or maybe SkyWest (even without a union they are slightly better than Comair and do not have the bad stigma Comair does). Yes, some Comair guys may get hired, but more than likely their dads are 777 Captains or are very well connected. If your last name isn't Whitehurst or Bastian, then I would go elsewhere before Comair. Just my opinion. Go to Shuttle America and fly that E170.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Pass the bottle francis

It's laughable that these threads even exist. Ben Johnson is 100% right bytheway.

PowerRangers...if you're not just flaimbaiting, you would be better served to focus on crossing that 200TT line than worrying about a Delta career path. Here's a piece of decent advise...do your Comm Multi first...the 10 hrs of SE complex will be worthless and never help you in a job search. If you need a SE add on to your Comm ticket for CFI purposes, it will be easy to do later on.

Having an end goal is fine, but you will find much greater success by focusing on each step along the way instead of salivating over those double breasted suits. To get from 180TT to any major is an enormous task that will overwhelm most along the way...keep your head down and do each step well and you'll find success.

Here's how it's going to work. You will get your dream job with XYZ because of a combination of the following - listed in general order of importance - Connections, luck, timing, skill/qualifications. Don't be one of the countless pilots who works it the exact opposite way and thinks that with 1000 121 PIC they have now earned the right to be a major airline pilot. Notice, where you work is not on that list.

It's your choice buddy, but I figured I'd chime in just in case you are seriously thinking of listening to Gen Lee and his chronies. He is exactly the wrong type to listen or aspire too...they're about advancing their personal agendas and opinions, not about helping or giving a sh^t about you. The pretend like they're helping you by bashing Comair, but in reality they're just pushing they're own narrow minded and insulated opinions.

The bottom line is that having Comair on your resume will not help your case unless your daddy is a Delta 777 captain. That's a fact whether you want to believe it or not. How do I know that? Well, I know Delta pilots involved in the hiring process - I have heard it straight from them. Were you there with me when I heard that? Nope.

Avoid Comair if you can - you should be able to get on with many other regionals that will at least give you a chance if Delta is your ultimate goal. Don't worry about the Comair guys out there - both Skybus and Virgin America will be hiring. Sad but true - they made their beds (with regard to harsh treatment of the Delta furloughees) and now they have to sleep in them... ASA pilots, on the other hand, are welcomed with open arms from what I hear...

Definitely not flamebaiting. It was an honest question deserving honest answers. That said, not sure about you but I don't update my hours here on FI every chance I get. That being said I have more than 180 hours. But I only had 180 tt when I registered.

All other things aside some of the things you spoke were truth. Lambasting aside. it is good to hear from another AZ pilot and UA grad (born & raised in TUS).

Having Comair on your resume would NOT help you get on with Delta. I would look at other avenues, like Shuttle America (CHQ), or maybe SkyWest (even without a union they are slightly better than Comair and do not have the bad stigma Comair does).

Bye Bye--General Lee

Good old general, pushing for pilots to work for non alpa carriers.

You are part of the reason this profession is in a tailspin. Maybe you could go to the Delta Connection academy and talk everyone into going to Freedom or GoJets, so they can avoid the stigma of working at Comair. Hang on, isn't the Delta Connection Academy the new name for the Comair Academy? Holy cr@p, there is no way in he11 those guys are getting to fly a Delta aircraft.

Grow up general.

Ahh, I remember those days growing up in SLC, having <200 total time, and thinking that Delta was the only airline ever worth working for. I pictured it in my head; I'd instruct for a year, then get on with a regional, and then off to my dream job with Delta. I'd buy a big cabin in the mountains, ski every off-day, and my trophy wife and I would live happily ever after.

Then I grew up, moved to the East Coast, caught some heavy doses of reality (aeronautical and otherwise), and realized that there are other opportunities for a flying career. Many opportunities.

Anyway, the way I figure it, for me a job at a major is about 5-10 years away. Literally anything could happen between now and then. And in all honestly, I had counted Delta out because I was non-military. But that's ok, because there are other jobs out there. A lot of other jobs. In any case, thinking that you can't work for CMR or X airline because it might prevent you from working at one other airline in 5 to 10 years (maybe 15 for you) is unwise and unrealistic. I can't live my life like that. All I can do "play it as it lies" and take things day by day and do what best fits my situation as it is now. Things have a way of working themselves out.

And for the record, I'm planning on applying at CMR in the near future. It may affect my potential to go to Delta, but frankly, I'm really not concerned. Who's to say that I even want to go there anyway?

-Goose

Last edited:
Bear Down! UofA was a good time.

I'll bet you a six pack that your top three list will change more than once. Don't handicap yourself from the start.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back