• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair/Delta question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With Comair, you do get to hang out in the Delta crewroom at LGA. :)

Honestly, though, if you want to get on at Delta, then don't worry about what a few disgruntled pilots think about Comair, just get a job where you can get the PIC whether that be Comair, ASA, or whatever. Just remember, you may be there awhile.

Delta is and always has been my favorite airline for a mix of reasons more especially equipment, routes, pay and bases.

They are my first choice. Rounding out my choices are Continental and United in that order!

Nothing wrong with having a goal!

I predict you will go far in your career, seeing as how ass-kissing and kool-aid guzzling are imperatives in the airline hiring process. It's just a damn shame you have to fool with any of those filty regionals at all on your way to Delta.

With Comair, you do get to hang out in the Delta crewroom at LGA. :)

Honestly, though, if you want to get on at Delta, then don't worry about what a few disgruntled pilots think about Comair, just get a job where you can get the PIC whether that be Comair, ASA, or whatever. Just remember, you may be there awhile.

Listen to Nindiri. Go where you can get 121 PIC PERIOD! Don't worry about which regional has the best connections. The whole industry will change again in the few years (hopefully) you spend at a regional. If the upgrade time at ASA looks like 5 years (I don't know what it is) and the upgrade time somewhere else looks like 2 then go somewhere else. Go where ever they just ordered a bunch of new planes. They will need captains.

Do some research on the airline and make sure they don't have any stigmas like Comair or Go Jets. Otherwise just go after the 121 PIC

As far as connections go, make your connections with the captians you fly with. Keep up with them because they will be flying for the majors when you are looking for a new job. You will need letters of rec.

First off let me say that this thread has the possibility of going to 5 pages....Secondly, don't listen johnny peniskramp, he's just upset that his captain attitude is keeping him from moving on from ASA!
Thridly, being a CMR pilot doesn't "hurt" your chances, but I would venture to guess that being an ASA pilot would be better.
Good luck in any decision you might make!

And as usual, I can count on 737 "Pylt" to prove my case for me. That is the exact "personality" you can look forward to being locked in a box with for hours. Enjoy!

And as usual, I can count on 737 "Pylt" to prove my case for me. That is the exact "personality" you can look forward to being locked in a box with for hours. Enjoy!

Or you could go to ASA, fly with peniskramp, and be told...."I'm the captain, you'll do what I tell you to do."
Don't throw stones in glass houses!

Or you could go to ASA, fly with peniskramp, and be told...."I'm the captain, you'll do what I tell you to do."
Don't throw stones in glass houses!

And this is what you can expect from Delta pilots. Immature, egotistical, arrogant, hard headed, but never to admit they're wrong. Thanks for perpetuating the stereotype, 737 "Pylt".

The actual quote was "Aren't you an FO? Guess what, if you're my FO, you'll do whatever I tell you to do. It's not your aircraft, it's mine". At least quote me accurately, dumbass.

For the record, I've never actually said that to an FO and never would. I did make that flippant comment to an FO on this forum who seemed to think he runs the show.

Thanks again 737 "Pylt". I'm amazed that your literacy level even allows you to understand my insults. Just keep it up, making Delta pilots look bad 24-7-365, worldwide.

Power Ranger...avoid Comair if you can.Sure, a "few" of them got hired at Delta, just like a "few" folks won the lottery. The folks that are telling you that it makes no difference where you did your regional time aren`t Delta pilots. It just so happens that I was, 30 years worth, and I`m telling you to avoid Comair if you can.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back