• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
TOOL CRIB said:
It's possible, but Comair's president said the crew had "more than adequate" or "well in excess" of the required rest that they needed in his first public address. I forget which term he used.

I know this is somewhat off topic, but I'd be curious to know what he means by that. He may not know the exact numbers, and is going off of what the crew desk told him.

Just curious what the actual rest was.

BTW, for those that think that this will wake the FAA up regarding crew rest (if it is indeed causal in this), riddle me this: Little Rock, Arkansas and American Airlines. Nothing effectual was done after that accident, why would this one be any different?

AF :cool:

There but the grace of God go I.

Peace be with the affected.

Sympathies to family of the crew and passengers. Very sad.

Just out of curiousity, can any of you RJ drivers post an APPROX. TOW for 47 paxs and fuel to go from LEX to ATL? What is the approx runway #s?

Thanks-

ironspud said:
My prayers go out to you.

Been a "professional pilot" for 41 years and still am. Never made a perfect flight in spite of my impeccable professionalism. You sir, are the true disgrace to the profession.

Well said.

ironspud said:

Been a "professional pilot" for 41 years and still am. Never made a perfect flight in spite of my impeccable professionalism. You sir, are the true disgrace to the profession.

Thank you!! AGREED

DrProc said:
Blame Congress for not properly funding ATC, for not having the tower properly staffed.

How did we get to blaming congress for two Airline Transport Pilots not looking down at their heading indicators before begining the takeoff roll? That is one thing that is taught from day one to anyone who has an instrument rating and should be used on every night takeoff no matter how much experience a pilot has.

Word is the crew deadheaded in late FRIDAY night. That would be over a 28 hour layover, which is not uncommon with Delta's new schedules they're forcing down our throats.

Legally, its safe, however I know some studies on circadian rythms would suggest otherwise.

SCT said:
Sympathies to family of the crew and passengers. Very sad.

Just out of curiousity, can any of you RJ drivers post an APPROX. TOW for 47 paxs and fuel to go from LEX to ATL? What is the approx runway #s?

Thanks-

I'm working on dinner, but I'll see if I can get that later.

AF :cool:

ironspud said:

Right On!..........BTW Love the Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back