Comair Classes cancelled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA44Jockey

Strap in tight fellas! We saw this coming and it's amazing that it took HR this long to realize that you cannot hire pilots for airplanes that you don't have.

Sorry to all of the guys in the pool, but should you choose to wait this out(could be a year or more) this is just your first taste of the failling management practices that go on from day to day at Comair.

Now the attrition number is going to go back up again. This time not from guys leaving to go to other airlines, but from guys leaving the profession.

if you were in the pool, use this as a life lesson. Get the hell out of this industry while you still can.

Furloughs, commuting, no national seniority list, airlines undercutting airlines and pilots undercutting pilots.....it's not really worth it anymore.

if you were in the pool, use this as a life lesson. Get the hell out of this industry while you still can.

Furloughs, commuting, no national seniority list, airlines undercutting airlines and pilots undercutting pilots.....it's not really worth it anymore.

Sadly, I think I have to agree with this. It doesn't seem that this career is going to be worth it for a very long time. There is distinct possibility that UAL could go Chapter 7 within the next year, and that will dump 7,000 pilots on the streets in addition to the 1500+ that have already been furloughed/unemployed over the past few months. The days of significant growth at the regionals are also over. Time to look elsewhere for a worthwhile career. I know I'll be looking outside of aviation if I'm furloughed or otherwise unemployed from AirTran.

Sadly, I think I have to agree with this. It doesn't seem that this career is going to be worth it for a very long time. There is distinct possibility that UAL could go Chapter 7 within the next year, and that will dump 7,000 pilots on the streets in addition to the 1500+ that have already been furloughed/unemployed over the past few months. The days of significant growth at the regionals are also over. Time to look elsewhere for a worthwhile career. I know I'll be looking outside of aviation if I'm furloughed or otherwise unemployed from AirTran.

....Is Gulfstream still hiring?:laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back