Comair being sued...?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9rj9

Any details on Comair slamming some guy leaving for CAL? Someone said a CP was fired and the pilot now has a lawsuit against Comair for running him down. Did he get the job?

I have heard the same. Apparently M.R. had a CP conference somewhere (thus, drinking) and ran into the CAL CP. CAL C.P. "Hey, I heard we got another one of your guys!" COM CP "Oh yeah, which one" "(name withheld)" .....and then the ranting began. Poor guy got a letter saying background check failed. Totally illegal. You can verify the guy worked there...that's it.

Last edited:
I'm exremely skeptical of this. M.R. wouldn't do such a thing. If the guy's references failed, I very highly doubt it had anything to do with M.R.

How would the applicant know who bad-mouthed him in a private discussion? If CAL had already offered employment though, the only way to subsequently rescind the offer would be to have him "fail the background check". Can a CP or someone else sabotoge a prospective new-hire? That would be truly uncouth.

Last edited:
I do know the guy who has the lawsuit on Comair/M.R. He told me personally that the Comair CP did talk bad about him to CAL CP at a CP meeting or whatever. Heres what I was told by the guy who has the lawsuit...

The Comair pilot was hired at CAL and was suppose to start class, M.R. goes to the CP meeting and I guess some drinking went on and started bad mouthing the Comair guy to the CAL CP. My buddy in turn was called by CAL and was told he no longer had the job. The way my buddy found out was that he has an inside source who went to find out why he was offered the job, but later on was called and told he had no job offer. The CAL CP told the Comair guys inside source that he had better talk to M.R. why he did not get the job. Hence the lawsuit on Comair and M.R. for releasing too much info.

It is news to me that M.R. got canned, when did this come out or where did you get the info at? I dont really care for the guy...He says one thing to your face and yet does another. I guess that is what management types do though. I am glad he is gone, at least for my buddy's sake. I hope he wins the lawsuit againt him and Comair. I guess he already has, he told me that is all he was sueing Comair for was M.R.'s job.

"Can a CP or someone else sabotoge a prospective new-hire? That would be truly uncouth."

Apparently so....In this case Comair CP M.R. hates the guy who was leaving to go to CAL. So bad it cost him the job at CAL. And his job as CP of Comair. Glad to see what goes around comes around.

Last edited:
I was his FO on his first trip when he came back after the CAL rejection. Not a happy camper when it came to the company but I had a great time on the trip, great guy if I may say. UBA757

Buddro said:
Apparently so....In this case Comair CP M.R. hates the guy who was leaving to go to CAL. So bad it cost him the job at CAL. And his job as CP of Comair. Glad to see what goes around comes around.

Did the CP get sh1tcanned altogether, or just lose his CP status? What a b1tch. If I ever leave my current job, I wouldn't tell a soul. Let them figure it out when they get the PRIA request. You never know who's got it out for you. Unless the CP's are having one gigantic meeting or something equally unfortunate.

As of today 2/15/2006 M.R. is still in the CP office. And I have know the Capt. for 7+years. I would take all this with a grain of salt.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back