Comair being sued...?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Buddro said:
The Comair pilot was hired at CAL and was suppose to start class, M.R. goes to the CP meeting and I guess some drinking went on and started bad mouthing the Comair guy to the CAL CP. My buddy in turn was called by CAL and was told he no longer had the job. The way my buddy found out was that he has an inside source who went to find out why he was offered the job, but later on was called and told he had no job offer. The CAL CP told the Comair guys inside source that he had better talk to M.R. why he did not get the job. Hence the lawsuit on Comair and M.R. for releasing too much info.

I seriously doubt that the CP in question would willingly undermine the opportunity to get rid of an indiviudual he didn't care for.

Airlines do extensive backround investigations on all applicants to cross check the information they received at the interview. Some go on for up to six months. I don't know anything about this incident but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that the Continental CP approached MR and asked him point blank about something that didn't jibe with this guy's story or to confirm a statement he made about his time at Comair during the interview. The decision may have already been made by Continental prior to the CPs talking to each other and the CAL CP was just reporting.

You can bet that Continental's company policy prohibits discussing why an applicant didn't get the job but MR may be able to offer some insight.

Last edited:
HEAVYrj said:
TRUE STATEMENT…..

I know the captain in question; the captain did not fail any type of test or check, which I am aware of.
He is one of the better captains the company has, but he does have some downfalls and this is why most people don’t seem to care for him.
  • Occasionally calls in sick
  • Doesn’t always seem delighted to be at work
  • Not proud of having to use air stairs to get on and off the plane
  • His reputation is less than desirable with the FA’s
  • Doesn’t always wear his hat
  • He doesn’t have one of those spiffy leather jackets that everyone talks about
Now he might not be a model RJ CAPTAIN…. But then again, who wants to fly with a uptight hero for 4 days

People should keep their comments to themselves

Ok you just described 70-80% of us, except for the FAs. There has got to be more to it than that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back