• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair annouces fall reduction furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cool ... then my stab was pretty good. Wasn't aware of every one's guesses over the past five days.
Maybe I could become a sports line setter or whatever they're called after my career is over.

Last edited:
The ways things sound around there, they may be able to fill that completely with voluntary furloughs, and still have to turn some down. Sad to see what has become of Comair.

Sad to see what has become of Comair.

I left there at the end of the 2001 strike. It was not an easy decision. When discussing it with my wife at the time she remarked "Delta will never never forgive you guys for going on strike." She was right. Shame.

I guessing that because they are so short staffed now .... 120 pilots.

I'd guess closer to 200...since this place defines "fair staffing" as Junior manning and available open time (I laughed when I read that email).

I'd guess closer to 200...since this place defines "fair staffing" as Junior manning and available open time (I laughed when I read that email).

Don't forget cancelling flights due to inadequate staffing, then having Delta call Freedom in to cover them.

The Evil Empire does not consider you to be human beings. I still wake up every day and thank God I am no longer under their influence. Best to all.

Sorry to hear about this guys.

There is no justice in y'all getting cut further while Mesa/Freedom has a better legal department than Delta.

FWIW, most people at ASA believe that we will cut further this fall, as well.

Latest resources

Back