• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Comair annouces fall reduction furloughs

on autopilot

Go ahead, pull my finger.
Total Time
whoa!
On Epic. 20% or more reduction with furloughs following soon, very soon.

JECKEL

God's Own Drunk
Total Time
I guessing that because they are so short staffed now .... 120 pilots.

JECKEL

God's Own Drunk
Total Time
Cool ... then my stab was pretty good. Wasn't aware of every one's guesses over the past five days.
Maybe I could become a sports line setter or whatever they're called after my career is over.

Last edited:

WMUSIGPI

The $100,000,000 Question
Total Time
5000+
The ways things sound around there, they may be able to fill that completely with voluntary furloughs, and still have to turn some down. Sad to see what has become of Comair.

ozpilot

Total Time
Sad to see what has become of Comair.

I left there at the end of the 2001 strike. It was not an easy decision. When discussing it with my wife at the time she remarked "Delta will never never forgive you guys for going on strike." She was right. Shame.

wmuflyguy

flunky
Total Time
5k+
I guessing that because they are so short staffed now .... 120 pilots.

I'd guess closer to 200...since this place defines "fair staffing" as Junior manning and available open time (I laughed when I read that email).

V-1

Total Time
I'd guess closer to 200...since this place defines "fair staffing" as Junior manning and available open time (I laughed when I read that email).

Don't forget cancelling flights due to inadequate staffing, then having Delta call Freedom in to cover them.

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
The Evil Empire does not consider you to be human beings. I still wake up every day and thank God I am no longer under their influence. Best to all.

CFI2766

Total Time
Sorry to hear about this guys.

There is no justice in y'all getting cut further while Mesa/Freedom has a better legal department than Delta.

FWIW, most people at ASA believe that we will cut further this fall, as well.

relief tube

Total Time
Comair stood up for us in 2001. This is pathetic.

yep, and the kids at mesa get to keep their DL flying. this sucks. Mesa sucks. sorry comair. if I was you I'd get out and never come back.

cmrflyer

Total Time
I hope things get better at comair too, but we all know what a pile of sh1t delta is.

1013dot25hPa

Total Time
4,000+
Don't forget cancelling flights due to inadequate staffing, then having Delta call Freedom in to cover them.

This has actually happened?

What's our powerful union doing about that? Doing a "study" well over 3 months late and handing over the data and meeting with john Bendoveritis a week before the next furlough announcement doesn't sound like much was done for the guy's/gal's on furlough.

I would have welcomed a recall even if only for a couple of months before being furloughed once again! $600 bucks every 2 weeks on unemployment is not cutting it. And if that wasn't bad enough, it's running out here very soon.

samballs

Total Time
The number is 100, in talks about early out, long term colas, flex lines (no), and forget the last one

DX Rick

Total Time
This has actually happened?

What's our powerful union doing about that? Doing a "study" well over 3 months late and handing over the data and meeting with john Bendoveritis a week before the next furlough announcement doesn't sound like much was done for the guy's/gal's on furlough.

I would have welcomed a recall even if only for a couple of months before being furloughed once again! $600 bucks every 2 weeks on unemployment is not cutting it. And if that wasn't bad enough, it's running out here very soon.
Sad thing is that unemployment is only $200 less than what we're making as a reserve JFK FO.

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
Comair stood up for everyone! I just hope things get better there soon!!!

Carpie! You're back from the dead, and with a whole new attitude...NOT! How long you gonna be staying this time?

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
You got that right. Just think of all the great things that Comair has done for the regional pilots. Like pioneering PAY FOR TRAINING.

I believe SWA pioneered PFT.