• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair 700/900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unofficial word from the MEC is 60 additional furloughs in Jan or as Phill likes to put it "throw out like trash". DS wants the 75 hr min line MOU extended and rightfully so the MEC isn't budging and telling him to pound sand. Guess we'll find out next Mon.

So I wonder if our management is that incompetent(sp) that they can't figure out crew/aircraft ratios, or if we are losing more airplanes.

Lots of junior captains that once were based in JFK or moving down into the right seat of the 700/900 because they don't want to go back to JFK. If they are still talking about moving the min line value lower then I definitely see more junior CVG captains bidding back to FO in CVG to avoid JFK for an undetermined time period.

I don't see the min line going back. F that, and I would be one of the beneficiaries of that as I am sure to be displaced again. But I still disagree with giving one inch on line values as we did before and still got jacked.

I have been in CVG on reserve for 5-1/2 years, so I will probably be heading back to the 700 but will either do one days or be the most Sr LC2 and not fly.

EMB FO - CRJ FO - EMB CA - CRJ FO - CRJ CA - CR70 FO - CRJ CA and now back to CR70 FO.

Well, on the bright side - the vacation award that was all F Uped is moot now. :)

Heard the more furloughs rumor and saw the displacement, sorry guys, I guess the bong water got to me.

Hahaha.

You're too funny if you think you can hold one day trips in the 700/900...have you actually checked the bid packet lately?!?!

With your seniority and previous displacements, you'll be lucky to hold a line!

Heard the more furloughs rumor and saw the displacement, sorry guys, I guess the bong water got to me.

What I find odd is that the announcement made sure to say that the bid affects only 50-seat CAs and 70-seat FOs. How can any displacement not affect everyone at least in some way?

Comair is hurting so bad that they cancelled the luncheon. They can't even afford to hand out free pizza.

Comair is hurting so bad that they cancelled the luncheon. They can't even afford to hand out free pizza.

I think that had more to do with embarrassingly few RSVPs.

Hahaha.

You're too funny if you think you can hold one day trips in the 700/900...have you actually checked the bid packet lately?!?!

With your seniority and previous displacements, you'll be lucky to hold a line!

Actually, yes I checked the Nov lines. I would be currently bidding #4 in the 70 (I am low #16XXX). There are several way Jr that are currently holding one days.

What I find odd is that the announcement made sure to say that the bid affects only 50-seat CAs and 70-seat FOs. How can any displacement not affect everyone at least in some way?

The junior (or senior for that matter) 70/90 captains will not be effected by this bid.

Theorically, you may find 70/90 FOs more senior than the junior 70/90 captains depending on the choices of the displaced CRJ CVG captains.

The junior (or senior for that matter) 70/90 captains will not be effected by this bid.

Theorically, you may find 70/90 FOs more senior than the junior 70/90 captains depending on the choices of the displaced CRJ CVG captains.

Theory doesn't work very well at Comair.

So yes, I guarantee the Jr 70/90 CAs will be effected by this because I know that at least one of them will be displaced if I am displaced. I am Sr to some of them and can/will boot them from their seat.

I guess it all depends on the displacement Mon.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back