• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

COMAIR 20 minutes til flameout; No Problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please don't tell me you listen to this crap when your not at work?

Last edited:
No I was up in the corridor being thankful my family wasn't sitting behind these two yahoos.

Up in the corridor????

I don't want to listen to the whole thing again, but were they a go around, or missed approach? I thought I heard that call sign at the begining of the tape.

That was informative. No information on the circumstances, yet you slam them. Oh and I suppose its not possible that they padded their time til exhaustion at all? And according to you 45 minutes at cruise should = 45 minutes fully configured at 2K?

Let me guess, if you had 20 minutes of fuel remaining, you would accept 19 minutes worth of vectors? I'm guessing you'd pad it a bit too. Or do you always go down to bare minimum "bingo" fuel before you divert, assuming you'll be cleared direct to the outer marker of your alternate, number 1 for the approach?

Alright, without listening to all of it again.....There were T-Storms along the arrival into NYC, everyone was being vectored around for spacing etc., these guys call up and say that they are approaching min fuel, approach calls back and ask how much fuel til fuel exhaustion, the guys are not sure what he means by that so the controller clarifies it, how long til the engines quit running? The crew replies 20 minutes (still no emergency declared). 3 planes ahead of them are turned off the arrival to give them priority. They are switched to approach. Approach diverts two planes to another runway for an inbound emergency, they reply we didn't declare an emergency. Approach say we declared one for you. Thats it in a nutshell. Bottomline if your still up approach with only 20 minutes til flameout and you haven't decided that you have an emergency....I don't want any of my family in the back.

Flame away....but you only have 20 minutes to do it.............

Latest resources

Back