Colleges Football?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wrigley23 said:
And when exactly has MTSU done anything in sports? Bueller....Bueller....
We are Div I...more than I can say for Furman. Granted, they are'nt setting records, but then again, I guess I could bring up some old stats like you. I heard they won some stuff in the 70's. Probably before I was born.

BTW- Furman's stadium isnt that much bigger than my high school stadium. If they're that good, why don't they build a new one so they can go IA? I know they gotta have the money with that tuition.

gear_guy said:
We are Div I...more than I can say for Furman. Granted, they are'nt setting records, but then again, I guess I could bring up some old stats like you. I heard they won some stuff in the 70's. Probably before I was born.

BTW- Furman's stadium isnt that much bigger than my high school stadium. If they're that good, why don't they build a new one so they can go IA? I know they gotta have the money with that tuition.
Your HS football stadiun had 16,000 seats!?!?! HE!! That's a pretty big HS. What was the student teacher ratio?? 100:1?? For a school with 2,600 students we sure don't have much of a problem filling up over 3/4 of those seats for home games. MTSU has, what, close to 22,000 students...come on man. A 4-8 record last year...stellar!! The comparisons are crazy. Good luck against Akron on 9/11...I'll be there...go ZIPS!!
Cheers

MTSU is the largest school in Tennessee. We took that from UT a couple years ago. I am not defending their record. I do follow them because I went there. BTW, some of our losses were to Clemson, Georgia, and Missouri(in double OT). I know it will take a while to get a good fan base, but I am optomistic about their future. Our main problem is losing our recruits to all the SEC schools. We get what is left over. It's hard to beat SEC teams with left over athletes. We need to play these schools at the end of the year instead of the beginning. It seems to affect the team when they start conference play after being stomped by these big name schools. I live in Greenville and I do love the Furman campus. I am just giving you a hard time. I really do hope that Furman goes IA and beats Clemson. I am tired of hearing about Clemson. Their fans want to fire their coach after 2 losses. Unbelievable! I am pumped up about this season. I can almost smell the food smokin on the grill on a Saturday morning.

Didn't MTSU once belong to the Ohio Valley Conference along with Austin Peay, Murray St., UT Martin? They must've grown a LOT over the past 20 years. MTSU's schedule is nothing like what it was when I used to see them play against Akron in the early 80's...they, like Akron, have come a long way.
There's no way Furman will go D1 anytime soon. I think the school will eventually max out at around 3,000 students...they have room to expand the enrollment. I just hope to give PITT a good run for the money. I'll probably be one of only 50 Furman fans at the game.
Cheers

Paladin said:
There's no way Furman will go D1 anytime soon.
Cheers
I sure hope not! Fortunately Furman spends most of its grants and donations on academics, whereas the athletic budgets for the big D1 schools are simply astronomical. No wonder the bowl games continue, the ADs love the payouts, and would take huge hits in their pocketbooks without the bowls! Time to cowboy up and compete in playoff format like every other sport out there.

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one---big hitter, the Lama---long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Last edited:
WAR EAGLE!!!

Any other Auburn folks out there? I think AU will have a better season than last year...of course that doesn't say much. The LSU game will be the make or break point for our season. Unless we absolutely crash this season I think Tommy should stick around. I would rather have a strong classy program than a National Championship program full of hooligans and criminals. (ahem UGA, LSU)

FL350 said:
WAR EAGLE!!!

I would rather have a strong classy program than a National Championship program full of hooligans and criminals. (ahem UGA, LSU)
LMAO- Do you realize that the average SAT for your football players who actually took their own test is around 700? So they don't get convicted. Keep that bar high by comparing your team to UGA and LSU. "Here at UA, we's may be dumb, but we's got class."

"Here at UA, we's may be dumb, but we's got class."
Hah!!! I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Roll tide??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back