Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TexaSWA said:
MAGNUM,

I guess you didnt get my sarcasm. I find his remark rediculous. Even more rediculous is that he qualifies it with "because a NWA 400 pilot told me so".

I was siding with you.

I sincerely apologize. Sometimes you can never tell with people on this website...

WillowRunVortex said:
Probably about the same as yours,,,the differencs is my argument is not an exercise in FUTILITY,,,plus I probably get less blue in the face as you.

When I get blue in the face I'll let you know. I'm rare, but I like my flying job just fine the way it is.

I don't, however, go out of my way to let my employers know that I don't think I'm worth what they're paying me. Be sure and let us know how that works out for you.

Last edited:
YGBSM said:
I'm rare, but I like my flying job just fine the way it is.
Exactly,,,lets all ride the ship down. Lets play chicken and see who flinches first. NWA is doing that right now,,,not with the pilots though. That company is flirting with BK over distrust not figures ,,,they could probably stay out. Someones gotta give,,,who's got more options, us or upper management? Trust me they will and have let companys die and then move on to Burger King.

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:
YGBSM said:
I'm rare, but I like my flying job just fine the way it is.
QUOTE]

Exactly,,,lets all ride the ship down. Someones gotta give,,,who's got more options, us or upper management? Trust me they will and have let companys die and then move on to Burger King.

Might be time to switch jobs then, huh?

Reduce pay to $40K a year and keep it there and see how many pilots worth a sh*t stick around. Have fun putting your mom on that flight.

That's economics too.

B6Driver said:
Name one airline that has ever used a fighter acft in its operation and then I might agree with you. How you view your training and the effort you put into it is a personal issue and seeing both military and civilian trained pilots I can safely say that both groups equally have their good and bad pilots.
Make no mistake though, we are labor.

B6, could you PLEASE impart on these guys why you agree that we are labor,,, no-one seems to get it in here. When I fly everyone I fly with agree's.

WillowRunVortex said:
B6, could you PLEASE impart on these guys why you agree that we are labor,,, no-one seems to get it in here. When I fly everyone I fly with agree's.

No argument with that. We're labor.

And since you seem to be actively seeking to work more for less, knock yourself out.

YGBSM said:
WillowRunVortex said:
Might be time to switch jobs then, huh?

Reduce pay to $40K a year and keep it there and see how many pilots worth a sh*t stick around. Have fun putting your mom on that flight.

That's economics too.

So there I was...
Final approach one engine on fire, shooting an approach down to Cat II mins, my captain is dead... Took a bird strike right in the face... Tower clears me to land but reminds me that landing in a tornado is not a good idea...
"Darn the tornado I have to get this thing on the ground!" I can hear the screams from behind me... all 50 pax are in some stage of panic!
Sound familiar... I don't understand how you can think some pilots could be overpaid. The amount of training and skill to pilot a modern jet from ATL to ORD is unimaginable.
You also have to remeber the top physical condition you have to stay in to keep your medical. I don't know about the rest of the pilots on this board but I train with Lance Armstrong on my days off just to meet the medical requirements.
Don't get me started on schedule... Just last week I only had three days off... That means that I was working for four days. Try and find a doctor or a CEO who is gone for that amount of time. Good luck!
Oh and speaking of responsability. Sure a CEO has to answer to hundreds of share holders or decide to layoff 100,000 workers... I along with a captain am responsible for 50 passengers... on a full flight. One screw up... just one little thing like pushing the push to talk at the wrong time and everyone dies.
YOU WANT ME ON THAT WALL.... YOU NEED ME ON THAT WALL

Originally posted by 'Crash Pad'

Just for the record: College degree does not make one a more qualified pilot.

If we are not laborers, then why do we need the collective threat of work actions to negotiate pay and quality of life issues. The fact that anyone of us is easily replaceable, requires all of us to stand up and fight for what we deserve. Doctors and lawyers can demand individual premiums based on individual skills. That is part of what makes them "white collar". Pilots are "supposedly" held up to a unified standard, which unfortunately makes us replaceable. The element that is missing from our equation is a uniform respect for our profession and eachother. Unity.

P.S. RJDC proponents keep moving, there is nothing to see here.

Latest resources

Back