• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

College degree required at united?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Getting a college degree aint that hard, I fly for a major and clearly, some guys, barely made it out of high school.

From what I remember back 10 years ago and previously about 95 percent of the new hires at American, Delta and United, Northwest, USAIR had college degree's.

Those are the Major Airlines as far as I'm concerned

From what I remember back 10 years ago and previously about 95 percent of the new hires at American, Delta and United, Northwest, USAIR had college degree's.

Those are the Major Airlines as far as I'm concerned

If you have one, there's an issue since you obviously didn't pay much attention.

In 2000 was a college degree needed to get on at united?

It's never been "required" otherwise they wouldn't be able to "target" the onesy/twosey pilots a year that are a by name hire, etc......

Used to be in 2000 that 97% had a degree, so were you shooting for 97% of the new hire pool, or 3% of the hiring market.....

Good grief!!! It's going from "What do I need to do to get hired?" to "What don't I need to do to get hired?" (!!?!??!)

Notice also, that any semblance of uniform standards are out the window.

BTW...anyone notice the drift away from dress shoes to 'black' tennis shoes?? :eek:

I also noticed that the college graduate pilots on this forum are very "spelling" challenged. Maybe a degree should be optional. I never noticed one bit of difference at my major airline between college graduates and those without a degree. I really think all it proves is you completed something. It doesn't help make you a good pilot if you can read.

I also noticed that the college graduate pilots on this forum are very "spelling" challenged. Maybe a degree should be optional. I never noticed one bit of difference at my major airline between college graduates and those without a degree. I really think all it proves is you completed something. It doesn't help make you a good pilot if you can read.

Couldn't agree more. In fact, some of the best Aviators I have known, skipped college and started flying Twin Beeches or non sked 707's instead of sitting in a classroom. They ended up at the airlines too and could fly circles around their "educated" counterparts.

I have encountered some pilots that think they are pretty wonderful because of the college they went to. By and large they are not as wonderful as they think they are.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back