Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
visual approaches into JHW, CHO, BFD, SCE can tighten the sack as well
especially if you toss in some bad weather or nasty winds

Good ol' LEB, visual at night can really make 'em shrink up...the highest MSA is 6100 feet.....and the field elev. is 603....do the math.

One of my favourites was an ILS 18 to circling mins (only Reils...no ALS to speak of), around to 36, while the Vasi on 36 was out....oh, and add some snow showers, with 2 inches fresh on the runway. Somehow we saw it, and aimed between the rows of red lights!

I swear we all do some shiiiite the FAA would hang us for if they actually saw it right before their eyes....all legal by the numbers, but still crazy.

I love it.

Good ol' LEB, visual at night can really make 'em shrink up...the highest MSA is 6100 feet.....and the field elev. is 603....do the math.

One of my favourites was an ILS 18 to circling mins (only Reils...no ALS to speak of), around to 36, while the Vasi on 36 was out....oh, and add some snow showers, with 2 inches fresh on the runway. Somehow we saw it, and aimed between the rows of red lights!

I swear we all do some shiiiite the FAA would hang us for if they actually saw it right before their eyes....all legal by the numbers, but still crazy.

I love it.

Beech Balls, you're my idol. When I was in MNZ the other day for Mx, I heard some rumblings that you're becoming our new Asst. Chief Pilot. I put in a good word for you. Since I'm letting the cat out of the bag, I'm also getting you a mahogany Beech model for Xmas. Captain America colors, of course. It'll look great in your new office in Manasty.

By the way, you've been this side of the pond long enough now to spell "favourites" as "favorites," like real Yankees do. What DO they teach you private school kids? LOL.

Snaab

Nice one! Hey Merry Christmas everyone and if your not Christian then Merry (insert your holiday here).

P2J

Beeches leaving, Saab 2000 and Q-400 coming. Ugh. Where'd my Rolaids go. You all cackle like a bunch of old hens aound the coop. Jeez.....

Nice one! Hey Merry Christmas everyone and if your not Christian then Merry (insert your holiday here).

P2J

I just refer to it as JC'S BDAY. Santa CLAUS SUCKS keep Christ in Christmas. Snowmen are for Fairies SNOW FORTS RULE! Don't eat yellow snow.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back