• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny also, two weeks ago Mikey said we are keeping the A model saabs and should expect more flying lines in March, now how are they going to do that and replace the beech airplanes with so many people leaving?

In terms of replacing Beeches....let me say this...believe it when you see it, and only then. They told us they were going to get rid of the C model Beeches (anyone remember those?? I sure do) for the longest time....and it only happened in March of 05. Took 5 years.....

Yeah that blows for the Beech guys. I must say though it would tick me off to see them upgrade to the Saab if they have no time in it--at least right away.
I am sure things will work out though.

Sorry dude have to call you out on that one.

Let's pretend there are four guys with 2500 hours total time and 1500 hours of Turbine SIC at Colgan. If there are two Beech FOs who are number 123, 124 in seniority and two Saab FOs who are 145, 146, AND they are getting rid of the Beech, the Beech FOs should have the opportunity to upgrade AS SAAB CAPTAINS AHEAD OF THE SAAB FOs. Take a look at any other airline out there, if you are an FO and want to bid as Captain on another airplane they fly, if you can hold that bid, then you have the opportunity to bid it as Captain. DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME IN THE AIRPLANE. The Saab is not the Space Shuttle, furthermore in the past year two FOs on the Beech did not make it through upgrade. The Saab FOs have had as many as three in one class not make it through upgrade.

Regardless it will work its way out. Yes it does stink to be one of those guys looking to upgrade soon on the Beech, however I would MUCH rather be at a company that is adding airplanes and fills a niche market, than getting rid of them.

Furthermore, second and third year pay FO pay should be increased ACROSS THE BOARD.

Last edited:
You guys must have been listening to a different call than me. 2 Beeches leaving, the one that Mikey kept saying "has to go" really does have to go. That's LVG, for the guys that know it and know why.

Getting rid of the Beeches would have a huge impact on the bottom line for the senator. Training for 80 guys, re-bidding the EAS routes to include the cost of a flight attendant, losing RKD, AUG, and maybe more (No fire/rescue). to name a few. Even if the Beeches are to go they will not go quickly. Returning them to conformity will take months and I can't see Mikey letting them sit so that could be done in one shot.

I hope your correct with that thought! I'm just trying to think of the certain bases that we would lose, when these certain ones go. Any Idea's?

Were you people drunk during the conference call? Slowing upgrades? Just for Jan 8 in Feb and Mikey was all over the expansion rumors. Two cities in March maybe some of that regions air flying and Contenential in Cleveland. Sounds very promising to me. Brink also said anyone in the May jun July class of last year expect short notice for upgrade. All points towards nice expansion. They are cool on captains for now still need Fo's. I think we will see some nice movement come early spring.

Jtrain good point about senority and upgrades. I hope it all works out for all of us. Knowing this, I bet it all falls apart! ahahahh

Latest resources

Back