Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dueguard1 said:
When Did U interview........I did mina at LGA about two weeks ago..Still no word....Oh well Mesaba has a lot more going on anyway, I think I'll drop them a line this week..

on the 28th at LGA

What's so scary about air wisky? I just wanted to work somewhere where 7 MELs is not an acceptable number when picking an airplane up from a maintenace base. If you need the upgrade fast it is there, hats off to those who take it.

What's so scary about air wisky? I just wanted to work somewhere where 7 MELs is not an acceptable number when picking an airplane up from a maintenace base.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who has/had a problem with that...

Good luck to you!

BeechCowboy48 said:
What's so scary about air wisky? I just wanted to work somewhere where 7 MELs is not an acceptable number when picking an airplane up from a maintenace base. If you need the upgrade fast it is there, hats off to those who take it.

Well they only fixed the MEL that was due that day. The other 7 have 3 or so days left on them.:rolleyes:

Illeagle,

You suck and so does your comment and attitude. Do me a favor and get back on your Zoloft.

After reading the most recent Colgan Aviation Interview it doesn't sound too promising to those who haven't heard any news yet.

Ailerongirl,

Have you worked for Colgan?
I have not met but great people who work for the company. I can't yet tell about the MX, rumors are rumors, and with that stated the perpetuation of Colgan as a "bad" company just sucks. What about other companies- do they suck?

I find the training to be great, the people are nice and the pay is congruent with the industry.

Every company has MX issues, and yes every company at one point has had an accident and or incident corresponding to MX problems.

I don't mean to rant, and true most of you who have worked at Colgan know more than me at this point, but I think so far its a great company.

As for the desperate comment by that guy/gal regarding Colgan, I think he/she was way out of line. Pilots like him are some snot nosed little pukes who probably rode on in on his pop's dollar and bought his/her way into that nice RJ.

Just my thoughts.

P2J

Prop2Jet said:
Ailerongirl,

Have you worked for Colgan?
I have not met but great people who work for the company. I can't yet tell about the MX, rumors are rumors, and with that stated the perpetuation of Colgan as a "bad" company just sucks. What about other companies- do they suck?

I find the training to be great, the people are nice and the pay is congruent with the industry.

Every company has MX issues, and yes every company at one point has had an accident and or incident corresponding to MX problems.

I don't mean to rant, and true most of you who have worked at Colgan know more than me at this point, but I think so far its a great company.

As for the desperate comment by that guy/gal regarding Colgan, I think he/she was way out of line. Pilots like him are some snot nosed little pukes who probably rode on in on his pop's dollar and bought his/her way into that nice RJ.

Just my thoughts.

P2J

I'd just like to make clear that I never said anything against the people that work for Colgan...I have nothing but the highest respect for them.

I do however stand by my comments about Colgan mx which,as most of you know by now stem from the accident that killed Steve Dean and Scott Knabe 2 years ago.

I hope that your time at Colgan is a happy one, and that you are safe. As I tell everyone, just fly safe. I do wonder though how long it wil be before the rose covered glasses come off.

Ailerongirl said:
I do wonder though how long it wil be before the rose covered glasses come off.

Took me until about the fifth ferry flight after I was "done" with my schedule that day.

Illdude, don't comment on what you don't know about. You may call it desperation, but if you keep your record clean (and you have to have some balls at times to do so there as noted by previous mx comments above), you will further your career through them, just like any regional.

Latest resources

Back