• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been avioding violation for awhile working shady 135 cargo in ratty ass twin cessnas, so a few mel's doesen't scare me. I realize from what you are saying that maintenence may be a little shady. I've worked 135 for 3 months and there have been 3 or 4 engine failures!!!! There may not be a hiring boom 2007 but companies like SW and Continental are hiring. American with its 2000+ furloughs will hire I believe. Those furloughs are TWA guys that have been screwed for like 7 years plus, they are about to through in the towel. Plus age 60. I don't know about the other companies. But a year or maybe a little longer and I'll start getting PIC turbine and then another year and Ill be marketable. I not here to retire regional...... If I can help it.... HAHA

Alaska82 said:
I've been avioding violation for awhile working shady 135 cargo in ratty ass twin cessnas, so a few mel's doesen't scare me. I realize from what you are saying that maintenence may be a little shady. I've worked 135 for 3 months and there have been 3 or 4 engine failures!!!! There may not be a hiring boom 2007 but companies like SW and Continental are hiring. American with its 2000+ furloughs will hire I believe. Those furloughs are TWA guys that have been screwed for like 7 years plus, they are about to through in the towel. Plus age 60. I don't know about the other companies. But a year or maybe a little longer and I'll start getting PIC turbine and then another year and Ill be marketable. I not here to retire regional...... If I can help it.... HAHA

I'm afraid the jokes on you or should I say US!

Alaska82 said:
American with its 2000+ furloughs will hire I believe. Those furloughs are TWA guys that have been screwed for like 7 years plus, they are about to through in the towel.

Not all of the AA furloughees are TWA guys/gals. I have friends that were AA new-hires at or just before 9/11. Currently, AA has over 2800 furloughs from the numbers I saw.

AA will hire? Sure, but the question is when they might hire. And can you imagine how competitive it will be to get an interview? There are tons of AA pilots with sons, daughters, cousins, etc. that will be vying for a spot along with a lot of others who worked for AA/AMR at some point.

GEORGE DUBYA said:
I agree ALASKa. Upgrade time is really quick. I would rather fly the plane instead of sitting their pressing buttons in the right seat of a regional jet for years.

Mr. President, What makes you think f/o's in RJ's don't fly the airplane? I don't know of a single RJ operator that works that way. I fly two legs and the captain flys two legs. I push buttons for two legs and the captain pushes buttons for two legs.

IHF

Vandelay said:
Nah, at Colgan you'll still probably fly most of the time out of that 70% of time.

You bet, after swapping in/out of about 3 airplanes, repositioning 2 from the mx hangar, enplane/deplane passengers 2 times, 10 calls to dispatch, and a little speed tape later. You are on your way.

"I've worked 135 for 3 months and there have been 3 or 4 engine failures!!!!"

I believe colgan has had 3 in 3 months. May be 3 in four months. 2 over the past few weeks. IAH, IAD, BOS.

Are you kidding me. Lets talk about pay. Expect to make 75 hours no matter what.

I get called and told, we pulled your 3 days of flying worth 16 hours and put you on reserve those 3 days (worth 6.0). Now your credit will be 58 hours for the month.

I came here with a pretty good attitude, expecting to make less money, but god dang.

I have not gotten paid over 75 hours yet. Sure the hourly pay is competive, but lets look at what you don't get paid for. You can credit a hell of a lot more at other carriers, and most pay as much or more.

Is it worth it for the quick upgrade. Only you can decide, but be careful when it comes to the paperwork.

8 months IAH, 6 months oustation: bra

7 months IAH, 4 months oustation: snatchblaster

Heywatch this, they actually paid you under the 75 hours? Or did you still get paid 75 hours?

Latest resources

Back