• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan vs Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess to add what I was trying to say earlier, consider that the job you go to, you will could be there 4-8 years. In that context, does it hurt to wait a few more months? Don't be ready to jump too quick. Speaking from experience!

I guess to add what I was trying to say earlier, consider that the job you go to, you will could be there 4-8 years. In that context, does it hurt to wait a few more months? Don't be ready to jump too quick. Speaking from experience!

Very, very well put.

And speaking from experience, you do NOT want to be at Mesa for 8 years. (Mesa doesn't want you here that long either)

Dude hold out for XJT, while we are'nt perfect you will have a much better quality of life here. Descent pay, good schedules ( been here for just about a year and with trip trading can hold 14 days off a month), and awesome crews who have good attitudes and are usually upbeat.

Plus, you will want to find an opportunity that will get you the quick PIC time you need so that you can jump to either Skybus or Virgin America to earn less than the average regional salary but at least fly an electric French-Frog jet!!!! This is a great business - enjoy the ride!

Dude hold out for XJT, while we are'nt perfect you will have a much better quality of life here. Descent pay, good schedules ( been here for just about a year and with trip trading can hold 14 days off a month), and awesome crews who have good attitudes and are usually upbeat.

You get paid for descents?

That's real decent of them!

(Sorry, couldn't resist. You may now laugh at me for my 8 days off a month schedule after being at Mesa 9 years.)

Last edited:
i know i shouldn't post this information with the fear of getting flamed and ridiculed by FI's best trash talkers.. But I'm at around 530TT w/ 131 multi. And the QOL of the company i am at is super sub-par. ..$1000mo. pay(600 goes to rent and util) , flying an un-airworthy 182 that is 2000 hours past TBO,a 206 that the skydivers wont touch,I have no medical insurance currently, no travel benefits, on-call , and did i mention that i live in the BAY AREA??

Could any regional be worse than where I am at now?lol BTW,I am going to a career fair in Vegas come the 18th,19th of April.. Should i hold out,cancel my interview with mesa, then wait to talk to folks at different airlines at the fair?

Could any regional be worse than where I am at now?lol BTW,I am going to a career fair in Vegas come the 18th,19th of April.. Should i hold out,cancel my interview with mesa, then wait to talk to folks at different airlines at the fair?

To answer your question, YES. Within 6 months at Mesa you will feel like you are in a worse place then you are now. Trust me. Cancel the interview and go to the career fair. Hold out a couple months and go to Expressjet, RAH or Skywest. It's really that simple. DO NOT GO TO MESA. (BTW, I work at Mesa so I know.)

Latest resources

Back