• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan votes in ALPA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, just telling you how it is from someone who has delt with ALPO in the past.
The vote from the USAir guys should have sent a message. Skywest guys were smart enough not to deal with ALPO.
You're union is only as good your leaders. If you have a inhouse union, with good reps, then it will go further than ALPO.
My biggest gripe with ALPO, other than being complete useless on the important stuff. They focus on the little stuff that doesn't matter. They have been working on "time and duty" since my dad flew Convairs in the early 70's.
They're so safety oriented, that they fight to keep the jobs of pilots who don't have any right to be in the cockpit.

Read their magazine lately? I found a copy of it, where they made up thier own story of a FedEx crash without confronting the PIC before writing the article. That pilot wrote in and tore ALPO a new on for writing such an article that could have hindered the investigation, and not confronting that pilot before the article was written.
They could have just ended this guys career because they needed an article so they made up thier own story.
Way to go, dipsh*ts!

I don't care what you say, I'd take ALPA over Colgan management any day.

I've never worked for Colgan, but all airline management is crap. I've heard the stories of Colgan, and it sounds worse than some others.
Now you have to watch your azz from both sides. From ALPO and Management.

Good deal. Hopefully the extra dues income will allow the ALPA big wigs to continue to receive their brand new luxury cars every 2 years. God forbid they should not receive a brand new luxury car every 2 years.

You still don't get it do you...

You still don't get it do you...
No, we get it. Some of us are sick of seeing what happened with our dues.
We still get the brown end of the stick, while the top tier of ALPA gets all the perks.
Neat little "conventions" in Canada for a fishing trip.
Or how about a week of skiing in the Alps?
Just recently they went to Vegas. Wow, sounds like they get a lot of nice vacations, on our dollar while nothing is solved.
We're still getting bent over by management and the FAA. While ALPO management thrives.
ALPA is nothing but a bandaid on a 3rd degree burn victim.

Here's the reason why ALPA or any other pilot CBA is having a hard time. The NMB WILL NOT release any airline unions to strike. This puts all the leverage (and unfairly so) on the side of management. Corrupt politicians and unethical management are in bed with the rest of the "beltway gang".
I am hopeful that the new administration will appoint a more strike friendly NMB to thjeir respective posts. As much as I cannot stand Obama perhaps he will be good for us on this one issue.
Colgan pilots deserve a CBA, because managment will continue to pour cool aid, change work rules to suit themselves. And, I want the ALPA national resources in my corner should I ever need them.

Congrats folks.

As trying as the regional life is, I can't imagine how much more difficult it would be without at least a voice.

A good thing happened today.... A chain is only as strong as its weakest link... So lets choose our MEC wisely....

V1

A good thing happened today.... A chain is only as strong as its weakest link... So lets choose our MEC wisely.

Latest resources

Back