Colgan votes in ALPA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PCL_128

Colgan pilots are now ALPA members! Congrats to all Colgan pilots!

Results:

Eligible voters - 449
Votes for ALPA - 286
Votes for IBT - 27

70% in favor of represenation
64% in favor of ALPA

Good deal. Hopefully the extra dues income will allow the ALPA big wigs to continue to receive their brand new luxury cars every 2 years. God forbid they should not receive a brand new luxury car every 2 years.

Join the club. Misery Loves Company.
You have PFT_128 on here, the biggest ALPO cheerleader on FI. He chose to leave an ALPO carrier for a NON-ALPO carrier. That should tell you how much he really loves and believes in ALPA...HE LEFT!!

I give it one year before Colgan guys come on here complaining about "What are our dues actually doing for us! I still have the same sh*t pay. Still fly 29.9 hours every week. Still getting junior assigned. I grieve it, but nothing happens!"
Just remember. ALPO only does what the company will allow them to. I have flown for an ALPO carrier and they have NO POWER when it comes to confronting management.
Good luck. You're still going to be the football, while the monkey has it's way with you.....on top of your 2% paycut you just voted in. You think ALPO is really going to fight for a pay raise anytime soon for you prop guys, while the majority of the other regionals are furloughing and taking paycuts? Get Real, suckers.

Just as Obama (or anyone we could have elected) cannot change the problems facing our nation in four, or even 8 years, ALPA will not be able to "fix" Colgan in it's first contract, or even its second. Voting in a union is a way to improve the workplace in the long term, in a slow and measured way. ALPA is no hero, but having ALPA will give Colgan pilots some protections and improvements in the work place. Yes, it will take time plus 2%...that is called sacrifice. Nothing is free. Yes, senior leadership will take a cut your time and money. But at least that will be 2% of a guaranteed paycheck. Colgan pilots will get some contract that will lack a lot of the things we take for granted. That is how it goes. So I ask all you critics to show some support and give some useful advice to our new pledge class, and stop dishing schnit.

Way to go Colgan.

So I ask all you critics to show some support and give some useful advice to our new pledge class, and stop dishing schnit.

Way to go Colgan.
Hey, just telling you how it is from someone who has delt with ALPO in the past.
The vote from the USAir guys should have sent a message. Skywest guys were smart enough not to deal with ALPO.
You're union is only as good your leaders. If you have a inhouse union, with good reps, then it will go further than ALPO.
My biggest gripe with ALPO, other than being complete useless on the important stuff. They focus on the little stuff that doesn't matter. They have been working on "time and duty" since my dad flew Convairs in the early 70's.
They're so safety oriented, that they fight to keep the jobs of pilots who don't have any right to be in the cockpit.

Read their magazine lately? I found a copy of it, where they made up thier own story of a FedEx crash without confronting the PIC before writing the article. That pilot wrote in and tore ALPO a new on for writing such an article that could have hindered the investigation, and not confronting that pilot before the article was written.
They could have just ended this guys career because they needed an article so they made up thier own story.
Way to go, dipsh*ts!

Hey, just telling you how it is from someone who has delt with ALPO in the past.
The vote from the USAir guys should have sent a message. Skywest guys were smart enough not to deal with ALPO.
You're union is only as good your leaders. If you have a inhouse union, with good reps, then it will go further than ALPO.
My biggest gripe with ALPO, other than being complete useless on the important stuff. They focus on the little stuff that doesn't matter. They have been working on "time and duty" since my dad flew Convairs in the early 70's.
They're so safety oriented, that they fight to keep the jobs of pilots who don't have any right to be in the cockpit.

Read their magazine lately? I found a copy of it, where they made up thier own story of a FedEx crash without confronting the PIC before writing the article. That pilot wrote in and tore ALPO a new on for writing such an article that could have hindered the investigation, and not confronting that pilot before the article was written.
They could have just ended this guys career because they needed an article so they made up thier own story.
Way to go, dipsh*ts!

Don't you have anything constructive to write? You don't like ALPA. We get it.

The Colgan pilots voted in ALPA, not you (unless you're a closet Colganite, you do seem to care a lot about them). So, I'm going to infer that you have no idea about the working conditions at that airline (I sure don't since I don't work there), and therefore your opinons really don't matter much.

Latest resources

Back