• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Update!! 1-22-07

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I tuned in for about 30 mins and left after 3-4 employee questions; was there any mention of 2nd year FO pay ?

yup. they said that our pay rates are right at industry standard. there are some higher and some lower.

2nd year fo pay (tprop of similar size) per hour
colgan 23
Am eagle 26
mesa 21
commutair 22
era 30
horizon 32
island air 27
mesaba 28
piedmont 28

the average of all of these is 26.
the average sucks

Last edited:
As far as I know, the *entire* Colgan mgmt. team (save for Sen. Colgan, who will consult) isn't going anywhere

You don't know jack. You have been told some things. You have some opinions, but you don't know anything about what the future holds for Pinnacle Corp or Colgan.

And another thing: How would merging seniority lists be good? I think I speak for everyone at CJC when I say: We would not go for that in 100 years.

Well, I doubt you speak for everyone at CJC. As far as how it would be good, lets see:

1. It would completely stop any whipsaw

2. It would help promote (eventually) higher pay for everyone at the company (and others)

3. It would allow allow Colgan pilots that want to move on to a jet (and higher pay) the opportunity to do so without giving up longevity for pay or give up their seniority number and start again at the bottom.

4. It would allow pilots from both groups more choices in domiciles.

5. It would give Colgan pilots some compensation improvements even with the current (crappy) pncl contract (per diem for all duty, 401k match- even a small one)

6. It would give Colgan pilots union protection from the PNCL mgmt team. I think you'll want it, these are people that don't even think federal labor laws (FMLA, USREA, etc) apply to them.

I'm sure there are more reasons, but those are just of the top of my head.

Turbo

Last edited:
2nd year pay at 50 seat jet operators

pinnacle 24
Air wisc 35
chataq. 30
psa 27
tsa 25
am eagle 32
ASA 34
comair 39
ex jet 34
mesa 28
skywest 35

The average here is 31/hour

Why the HE!! are prop drivers paid less?

other than the fact that jets take so much more expertise to fly

cause we're dumb :laugh:

We might be dumb, but at least we look like idiots coming out of our broken looking props so that makes up for it.

oh btw, it is scientifically proven that chicks dig beta. that is why our fa's are so willing.:eek:

For the love of Pete....Everyone on here speculates worse than the popular girls in high school on who's going to be Prom Queen...

ha ha ha.. I think Irene is going to be prom queen.
I don't think there is a contest for king however.

Save Leroy

Latest resources

Back