• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Update!! 1-22-07

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, but that's not the plan at all. Until they decide NOT to operate the two airlines separately then the SL's will be separate as well. And as I understand it PAI will fly any new jets and CA will fly any and all turboprops.

Why, because uncle phil and uncle mike says it wil be that way? There is nothing to make them keep their word. It is a sales pitch until they change their mind.

I guess you cannot safely put a CRJ down in AOO or JST. If they would make the runway longer...maybe! We go into Panama City which is just shy of 6K. The real market is out of SCE ( University Park)

Potential is everywhere. Most of our planes can't fly your routes. They are either under contract for EAS for that specific airframe type, or just too dang old/slow/small to do some of the flying you guys do. An RJ would only fit on maybe 5 of our routes and actually turn a profit. I'm not debating ya, just gettin that out there. I've decided to stay out of this FI debate for a bit.

If PT switches up the A/C types, he'd have one hell of a mess on his hands. A saab would have to make 2 stops between FLL and say Indy. An RJ from CHO to IAD wouldn't make a dime if it was more full than a public bus in India. And all of that happens before both pilot groups go nuts

There is nothing contractual saying that Colgan can not start a jet program in the future or even tomorrow. Just because uncle phil and uncle mike say they won't don't make it so.

There is nothing contractual saying that Colgan can not start a jet program in the future or even tomorrow. Just because uncle phil and uncle mike say they won't don't make it so.

Well, it would make SOOOOOO much more sense for you guys to get jets since you are set up for it already. Especially if it is rj7's. your pilots already have the type ratings. plus i am sure insurance would be really danged high for us since almost no one here has any real time in turbo jets.

PCL bought colgan to get a piece of that 70 seat tprop market that no one seems to be aggressively going after because of our relationships with some of the big players that want them. We have some infrastructure in place, the relationships are already there that would make it cheaper.

RJ's would be so much cheaper on your side of the house. props on our side.

Well, it would make SOOOOOO much more sense for you guys to get jets since you are set up for it already. quote]

I understand and agree with that statement 100%. However, airline manangers do not always (often?) use logic. Plus, they see a long term benifit by whipsawing labor groups. Look at the MAIR purchase of Big Sky. Never made any money, but helped keep pilot costs low at the cash cow (Mesaba)- funny how Big Sky never went CH11. GOJets, Skywest/ASA, Piedmont/PSA/Allegany, Comair/ASA, etc. etc. There is often duplication in the industry, specificly for the purpose of playing one group of employees agains the other. And even if that is not PNCL mgmt intent today (although, I supect it at least partialy is), it certainly may be for the next group of managers (Mike and Phil will not be in charger forever). Which is why these kind of issues need to be resolved yesterday (by scope).

Turbo

For the love of Pete....Everyone on here speculates worse than the popular girls in high school on who's going to be Prom Queen.

People doing the most belly-aching and firing shots on here are simply going on what history has shown with by-outs and mergers....Are you blind or deaf? Newsflash: THIS IS NOT A MERGER! As far as I know, the *entire* Colgan mgmt. team (save for Sen. Colgan, who will consult) isn't going anywhere, so what does that tell you? You think the Colgans are just going to roll over and die? Nooo way.

And another thing: How would merging seniority lists be good? I think I speak for everyone at CJC when I say: We would not go for that in 100 years.

-Snaab

And another thing: How would merging seniority lists be good? I think I speak for everyone at CJC when I say: We would not go for that in 100 years.

-Snaab

i hears that. lest the combined company lose about 250 pilots in a week

You know if you think your 401K match sucks it is better anyhow to invest in a Roth IRA. More choices on your mutual funds and only taxed on your principle not your capital gains unlike the 401K!
In the long run you could save up to 1 million bucks vs. a 401K (studies have shown) due to taxes!!!!

What studies? 1 million?

Actually congress passed a Roth 401k bill. That would be the best. Now, if our employers would just offer it to us.

Latest resources

Back