Colgan Troubles?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
b1900guy said:
bskin how much runway do yo need to stop the b1900d?

Should I ask why someone with the handle "b1900guy" needs to ask how much runway you need to stop a 1900?

I know an empty 1900 with a 10kt headwind can be brought to a stop around 1000-1200ft from a runway threshold on landing... If that helps. ;)

A 1900 with takeoff fuel and 9 occupants? Gotta figure 1500ft from the time you retard the power.

getout said:
couple of thoughts,

The pilot was Ben.

Is this the same Ben that upgraded to Saab captain in 2001?

mckpickle said:
I'm talking about the primary reason ALPA was started. Safety. It appears these guys are sorely in need.

BTW Prop2Jet....If you are not part of the solution than your part of the problem!

"If you are not part of the solution then you're part of the problem" is a logical fallacy.

Nice job on hijacking the thread everyone! The original topic was how Beaumont Tx. wasn't getting what they felt was proper air service. Somehow we then began talking about flight controls on a BE1900. Is our attention span that short? No wonder Mgmt. controls us at bargaining tables....

However I did fly Bro's into BPT and nothing short of a G-V is gonna satisfy those oil tycoon wannabes! Kinda like MRY or SUN with a redneck twist to it.

Now I'm confused

I thought the gist of the article was that the people in Beumont were complaining not because of Colgan's performance, but, because the frequency had been scaled back. I guess I'll have to go back and re-read the article again. Seems like lots of folks like jumping on the bash Colgan band wagon.

Seems like lots of folks like jumping on the bash Colgan band wagon.

Do a search on the company for posts over the last 2-3 months... Have we gone 2 weeks without hearing about another engine failure or flight control malfunction?

Lighten up.

I still am confused about how engine failures are a problem with Colgan's mx. Did they neglect to do a compressor wash? Is their computer that tracks the trends for GE not being updated? I could see how the flight control malfunction could be a result of shoddy workmanship, but, an engine?

R...you really have to let it go... I mean you have alot of time/frustration built up to post so often on this board about a carrier you are now two airlines away from.

I still am confused about how engine failures are a problem with Colgan's mx. Did they neglect to do a compressor wash? Is their computer that tracks the trends for GE not being updated? I could see how the flight control malfunction could be a result of shoddy workmanship, but, an engine?

You can't figure out how poor mx can lead to engine failures? Ask Godfather... He's been the recipient of one..

Latest resources

Back