• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Training contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
unfortunately that crap still happens...i have a few friends there, and just about every second thursday of the month, we have to all meet up somewhere to get drunk because they're on the verge of losing it.......

indianboy7 said:
unfortunately that shoot still happens...i have a few friends there, and just about every second thursday of the month, we have to all meet up somewhere to get drunk because they're on the verge of losing it.......

I signed up for the drunk part. You just have to have a pair.

It isn't that bad. Could be a lot better. But I talk to all my other friends at airlines and they are all still sitting reserve with 10 dyas off a month. I fly 80 plus with weekends off with 12-15 days off.

there are some pluses.

suupah said:
It isn't that bad. Could be a lot better. But I talk to all my other friends at airlines and they are all still sitting reserve with 10 dyas off a month. I fly 80 plus with weekends off with 12-15 days off.

there are some pluses.

Very true. You'll drive yourself crazy if you dwell on the negatives. I worked at Colgan for three years and here are the positives that I came up with:

Job security - as odd as that sounds for a small regional, you'll build seniority very quickly, largely based on attrition. After only 3 years, I was 75 out of 300.

Quick upgrade - partly based on growth (which one should never count on), and partly based on attrition, which will always be high at Colgan.

Pretty good quality of life if you can stand to live where you're based. I never did, but there are quite a few bases in very nice areas.

Colgan isn't for everyone, and if you're high-strung like me, it'll drive you crazy sometimes. Control what you can: don't break regs, write up the aircraft when it's broken and keep a low profile, especially when you're an FO.

If you can muster up the tenacity (or stubborness) to stick with it, you'll build quality experience and you'll be able to move on to something significantly better.

Last edited:
cpierse said:
Very true. You'll drive yourself crazy if you dwell on the negatives. I worked at Colgan for three years and here are the positives that I came up with:

Job security - as odd as that sounds for a small regional, you'll build seniority very quickly, largely based on attrition. After only 3 years, I was 75 out of 300.

Quick upgrade - partly based on growth (which one should never count on), and partly based on attrition, which will always be high at Colgan.

Pretty good quality of life if you can stand to live where you're based. I never did, but there are quite a few bases in very nice areas.

Colgan isn't for everyone, and if you're high-strung like me, it'll drive you crazy sometimes. Control what you can: don't break regs, write up the aircraft when it's broken and keep a low profile, especially when you're an FO.

If you can mast muster up the tenacity (or stubborness) to stick with it, you'll build quality experience and you'll be able to move on to something significantly better.

Very nicely put!!

The pen is your friend... remember that!

better up here said:
Contract with my paperwork as well...but if you didn't sign, then you have no contract...but I bet you did!

Has anyone had any trouble with bids served out of seniority?? Second time in 3 months for Feb. What kind of CRAP is that?

You at a junior base? Could be because of Green on Green

better up here said:
Has anyone had any trouble with bids served out of seniority?? Second time in 3 months for Feb. What kind of CRAP is that?
In ALB they're having problems with some FOs running out of time on getting out of the green (100 hrs) within the requisite 120 days... believe it or not. Heard of a chap who had 1 flight in 30 days. Tough break. Wait for the FOs below you to top 100 hrs and you'll get back into seniority.

Shy

Latest resources

Back