Colgan to get Q-400's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CoolSidePillow said:
. I agree CJC has been aggressive pursuing flying perhaps because the Senator has less to do with operations and they want to be more than Ma&Pa charter service but they still run it like Ma & Pa even as they grow. Scheduling and Dispatch together make up an epic cluster****
So it may be a good thing for the company and those of us in upper portion of seniority that can bid for transition and get a new type rating and "glass" time OR it can be a bit more than CJC can handle.

Yeah, there is a lot that would have to change and i can see them wanting to keep it semi small so they can keep reigns on it. But it might be smart for the future. the saabs are showing their age now and if colgan wants to keep this company for the long term they will need to add another airplane to the fleet and the time seems to be right now. Ready or not. If they got in on the front edge of the wave they could secure the company for the next very long time.

they are smart people, i am sure they could figure it out if offered to them.

suupah said:
Yeah, there is a lot that would have to change and i can see them wanting to keep it semi small so they can keep reigns on it. But it might be smart for the future. the saabs are showing their age now and if colgan wants to keep this company for the long term they will need to add another airplane to the fleet and the time seems to be right now. Ready or not. If they got in on the front edge of the wave they could secure the company for the next very long time.

they are smart people, i am sure they could figure it out if offered to them.
getting old? the saabs were old when they got them. The life cycle is typically 70,000 cycles. These planes are just at half life. They have a lot left in them and I am sure they will be run as long as they can MEL or get parts. I agree that it would be a good move but it is a bold move and they play with their own money not investors and they like to keep the money in the family. I still have awhile left in the left seat here so perhaps I will see them come on property. IAH might be worth it for a second type and glass time.

I think we should get C-172 and C-182 planes, veyr fuel efficient and quite for the two paying passengers! We can land anywhere and even use Cheveron gas if needed! Why not start flying them, its costs less!

I think we should get 100 seat buses. Perhaps we can lock in fuel prices. We could all get our CDL's. The hours would be much of the same. Who started the stupid rumor? Come one we are getting anything other than another couple of B models to replace the A models. Stop the insanity.
Employees occasional wishful thinking = doooooooooooooooooo the colgan.

Heh, good luck with that. Have you seen QX's dismal dispatch reliability #'s for the Q400? That's after five years in operation, with a lot of very pesky bugs already worked out, with mechanics that know the airplane better than the factory.

It would be a great airplane but Bombardier needed to put some more time & effort into designing the various systems.

DashTrash400 said:
Heh, good luck with that. Have you seen QX's dismal dispatch reliability #'s for the Q400? That's after five years in operation, with a lot of very pesky bugs already worked out, with mechanics that know the airplane better than the factory.

It would be a great airplane but Bombardier needed to put some more time & effort into designing the various systems.
oh wow in that case we should start seeing them on property first quarter '07. Dismal dispatch reliability? pesky bugs? sounds like is taken from our CFM & FOPP

ABITRATOR said:
Could be true. I read in the papers about two days ago that Continental was placing an oder for twentyfour 70 seat turbo-props. Possibly the Q400 or ATR. The paper also state that Bombardier was happy about the announcement.

My understanding is that Island Air and Horizon have the bids in for these. They are the only two that have the type now, and Island Air would probably have a lower bid.

Latest resources

Back