• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan to get Q-400's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go back to last year the same people said the same thing that colgan cant handle and will not get the co flying in IAH. Then the United rumors started and the same comments came out.

SOMEBODY has to fly the danged things. Only hitch- there isn't more than a small handful of them out there. They must be built.

I don't care who you are...that there is funny!

YMICFI said:
Talked to Express Jet Captain today. He heard directly from the Director of Flight Ops for ExJet that Colgan is slated to get up to 69 Dash Q-400's for Continental. These would replace the airplanes that ExJet is losing from Continental. Said this is very solid information. Was announced in recurrent ground at ExJet. To be announced in the near future. Thoughts?

Could be true. I read in the papers about two days ago that Continental was placing an oder for twentyfour 70 seat turbo-props. Possibly the Q400 or ATR. The paper also state that Bombardier was happy about the announcement.

These rumors are just plain cruel , but it would sure be nice to see.
After the expansion of 05...it would be a very bold move and a real longshot.
However i did see another q400 in front of the hangar today. Jimmy Hoffa was on board with elvis and scooby doo .

oh yeah I almost forgot

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

340SAM said:
Go back to last year the same people said the same thing that colgan cant handle and will not get the co flying in IAH. Then the United rumors started and the same comments came out.

This is exactly correct. I remember when the rumor was going during reccurent in january of 2005. People hoped it was true, but no one really believed it. Colgan was a Northeast carrier and that was it. A houston base flying for CAL with 10 saabs seemed like something someone dreamed up. I would think many thought IAH would go to all outstation basing as well, but that hasn't seemed to happen yet either. You never know. The company has been pretty aggressive about getting new flying over the past few years.

Latest resources

Back