Colgan to get Q-400's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

YMICFI

Talked to Express Jet Captain today. He heard directly from the Director of Flight Ops for ExJet that Colgan is slated to get up to 69 Dash Q-400's for Continental. These would replace the airplanes that ExJet is losing from Continental. Said this is very solid information. Was announced in recurrent ground at ExJet. To be announced in the near future. Thoughts?

YMICFI said:
Talked to Express Jet Captain today. He heard directly from the Director of Flight Ops for ExJet that Colgan is slated to get up to 69 Dash Q-400's for Continental. These would replace the airplanes that ExJet is losing from Continental. Said this is very solid information. Was announced in recurrent ground at ExJet. To be announced in the near future. Thoughts?

Is this before or after Colgan buys Comair?

YMICFI said:
These would replace the airplanes that ExJet is losing from Continental. Said this is very solid information.

Does this mean CHQ isn't going to get ExpressJets' flying?

Don't know how much weight this rumor has. I know it's a possibility. I'm not thinking 69. While that is still a good number I don't think CAL will need 69. They will probably place some 737 on some routes some 70 seat props on some and the rest with jets from someone. Since colgan already flies for CAL I would be surprised if another carrier didn't pick up a hefty chunk of the flying. Since CAL's main concern is diversifing their regional feed. Plus can Colgan get the financing for 69 brand new Q-400's. I think CAL wants whoever to bring their own planes.

Q 400 in IAH a couple of weeks ago in front of Colgan hanger. Passengers coming off the demo flight were asking colgan pilots if they were ready to fly it but they all thought it was a joke.

Latest resources

Back