Colgan Starts at $14,400?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flywrite said:
Does he use the same math he used to come up with the $14,400 figure when he is spouting off about the number of jobs coming?
Actually, he got the 1st year pay at Colgan and the number of airline jobs next year mixed up... he meant 14,400 new jobs this year and $25,000 1st year salary. Either way you cut it, his math doesn't add up.

Shy

Flywrite said:
If you take a daytrip to the world where most of us fly you will find that this is usually not the situation for many of the guys you think enjoy flying with you.
He doesn't have to. He works for a company who makes you leave home for 4-6 hours a day, and then return home... at the pay of $25,000 as previously stated. On the other hand, regional pilots are working their asses off, leaving home with the wife and kids, and moving 40, 50, 70, 90, and 100 pax FOR THE SAME PAY!!! Who's the idiot now? Colgan isn't supposed to be setting the bar, they're supposed to be the bottom. Colgan pilots are supposed to WANT to leave the turboprop for the jet, but WHY WOULD THEY? IT'S THE JET BOYS WHO ARE LOWERING THE BAR BY FLYING MAINLINE-SIZED JETS AROUND FOR THE SAME PAY AS COLGAN'S 1900! Think about that and quit bashing Colgan for "lowering the bar." They aren't, because the bar hasn't moved for the Colgan pilots... but it has for ExpressJet, Shuttle, and others.

Maybe these pilots are not so happy that there is always some doofus ready and willing to fly for peanuts and who dont give a rat's rear about anyone else because they have what they want.
You're talking about RJ folks here, not the lowly 1900 and Saab boys at Colgan. Don't misinterpret this as a swipe at RJ pilots, but simply as a defence of the poor ba$tards flying the props.

Shy

Last edited:
Kit Darby you are now on the hit list of the Godfather....you scumbag!

I hope your X wife gets eveything she deserves, divorce is a b*tch ain't it. As for me giving you anymore $$$ to fund your f'n retirement...fuggetaboutit my friend.

As for your Air Inc......It didn't land me that 777 job at Delta like you promised. You're just another scam artist...

so go away you puke...and don't come up to any more job fairs telling me my life is great....cause I'm still in that same left seat of a 34 seater prop job bustin my as* for 50K a year for that company you proclaim to be the MOTHER OF ALL BOTTOM FEEDERS. I want my $$ back you slick as* snake oil salesman.

Yeah, I'm p*ssed and mad as h*ll and I ain't takin it no more cause I'm screwed for life thanks to ol Cappy Kit.

Last edited:
capt. megadeth said:
Hey Big H,
Why don't you show your wife this post?

Classy.

I did, she says to kiss her classy a$$ ....

Godfather, BRA, Hugh, Shy .... let it out brothers, just let it all out, it's time for a revolution ......

Shy-

I keep seeing you compare "commuter" airlines to "Regional" airlines in this thread.

What exactly is the difference?

TheBigH said:
I did, she says to kiss her classy a$$ ....

Godfather, BRA, Hugh, Shy .... let it out brothers, just let it all out, it's time for a revolution ......

"kiss her classy a$$"???

quite a woman you got there....

:rolleyes: .

LMAO @ both you cptmegadeth & g200, what a bunch of wennies ... since you two are such ladies why don't you two get hitched and be each other's classy wives ....

Must get real lonely for you to take all this so seriously ... quite sad ...

shamrock said:
Shy-

I keep seeing you compare "commuter" airlines to "Regional" airlines in this thread.

What exactly is the difference?
Back in the good ol' days, a legacy carrier flew between major cities like, say Chicago and New York. Since there are millions upon millions of people who live too far from Chicago to drive, yet would love to fly to New York, the legacys would contract out the smaller cities to commuter airlines. They would feed Chicago from smaller, little more distant cities like Kalamazoo, South Bend, Fort Wayne, Rockford, Champaign, Davenport, Bloomington, Madison, Milwaukee, etc since it would not be logical or profitable for the major airliner to run a 727 or 737 to those small towns. Normally, that commuter airline would fly small turboprops like the Jetstream or Beech and helped a major airline serve an entire region, rather than single cities.

Now days, the regional airline is an airline in its own rite. They fly from Cinncinati to Salt Lake City, from Houston to Chicago, from New York to Atlanta, Chicago to New York, etc. They have replaced legacy airliners.

The regional airline used to just serve regions, like ASA (Atlantic Southeast Airlines) or ACA (Atlantic Coast Airlines); as opposed to the commuter airline which simply serves a few major cities, if that, like Chicago Express (Chicago), Great Lakes (Formerly Chicago, now Denver), and Colgan (Mainly D.C., Boston, NY, and Houston... check out the route map for the NE sometime, looks like someone was drinking when they made that).

I hope this helps clarify the difference.

Shy

TheBigH said:
LMAO @ both you cptmegadeth & g200, what a bunch of wennies ... since you two are such ladies why don't you two get hitched and be each other's classy wives ....

Must get real lonely for you to take all this so seriously ... quite sad ...

Just curious........what's a "wennie"?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back