• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Starts at $14,400?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder what the percentage is of colgan pilots that are actually living paycheck to paycheck?

Probably about the same as every other airline. Just because a pilot makes $100,000/yr does not automatically make you wealthy. I bet there are major captains living paycheck to paycheck.

you know what sounds so good about Colgan is that it seems like you guys are tight and I bet you guys will look after eachother in the future in terms of the walking in of resume's.

plus you know what, If the hiring boards of the airlines are pilots they will give much respect to the guys who hand flew in IMC for a couple of years. I mean that is not for the feint of heart.

Last edited:
suupah said:
you know what sounds so good about Colgan is that it seems like you guys are tight and I bet you guys will look after eachother in the future in terms of the walking in of resume's.

plus you know what, If the hiring boards of the airlines are pilots they will give much respect to the guys who hand flew in IMC for a couple of years. I mean that is not for the feint of heart.

Are you serious? Hand flying in IMC is not for the feint(sic) of heart?

suupah said:

You're dam right! It's easy to stick up for these fellas because they're pretty cool guys and compitent... for the most part. I had this Capitan in groundschool... ugh. I guess there are exceptions.

Lil Jon said:
ouch. i've been making more than that flying a two seater and four seater. they deserve way better! ~600wk/3= 200/wk per seat...so they aughta make 200x19=3800/wk! even half that would be a nice raise ay?!

So I guess freight pilots should make $0 per week??? Or should they make more because of that $3 million dollar piece of cargo in the crate?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back