Colgan Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mr Wu said:
Checked out in BOS and sent to hotel. Told to show at 0700. Called me at 0400 and told me that they hadn't changed my show time and show at 0700.

Start using the F-word. No matter how pissed off they get, they can't touch you. Just tell them you'll be bringing an FAA Rep to the meeting.

ERfly said:
Start using the F-word. No matter how pissed off they get, they can't touch you. Just tell them you'll be bringing an FAA Rep to the meeting.
does the FAA have anything to say about calling during a rest period?

simple, dont pick up your phone. If you have a set show time, then show at that time. And I believe that if you are called during you rrest period, then it begins all over again, at least it does where I work.

veneratio said:
And I believe that if you are called during you rrest period, then it begins all over again, at least it does where I work.

i think that is a work rule for your pilot group. not from the faa

veneratio said:
simple, dont pick up your phone. If you have a set show time, then show at that time.

This takes many at Colgan far too long to learn. While on duty, never call and try to solve problems. Pick up your phone when they call you. When you're done, check out with crew scheduling and don't pick up your phone until show time. Case closed.

Just do a good job while ON DUTY and you'll be fine at Colgan. Realize that on any given day you'll be working for 16 hours. But when you check out, don't pick up your phone until your next scheduled show. Otherwise you're being an enabler.

yea...you answer your phone and it's over, you're going whether you like it or not.
Does anyone else think that it is totaly ridiculous that crew scheduling has NO f*$king clue as to what is going on......I can't tell you how many times I have gotten info from them, built a plan on it, and then just happen to hear a PA, or glance at a departure screen, and realize they are full of sh^t!

they have no idea whether a flight is delayed, cancelled, changed to a repo or reinstated, honestly, besides hassle us into working on our days off, what do they do?

enabler.......I like that word. I'm going to change my voicemail to sound like they called somewhere official, like the local FSDO. I bet they won't leave messages anymore! I agree, I don't answer the phone anymore if I'm off duty....ever. It sucks that it has come to this, but they dug their own hole.

dingo222 said:
colgan isn't union and i tried to pull that "my rest starts over now" thing once. THen they pointed out in our fopp where it says that a call from company doesn't count as interupted rest. I answered the phone...... shame on me. Speaking of schedule changes, i just went on crewtrac and had like 20 notifications of schedule changes!!!!!!!!! MY entire month has been changed! I must be a semi-finalist for "doing tha colgan" this month!

You took the words out of my mouth. I called Lisa and asked if I pissed someone in scheduling off, she laughed and said 'no.' As I understand it, certain bases' flying is going to another base and visa versa. Do the dance!

Last edited:
dingo222 said:
enabler.......I like that word. I'm going to change my voicemail to sound like they called somewhere official, like the local FSDO. I bet they won't leave messages anymore! I agree, I don't answer the phone anymore if I'm off duty....ever. It sucks that it has come to this, but they dug their own hole.
You got that right.

Latest resources

Back