Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
big_al said:
are the saabs good airplanes to fly?

they are a fun plane to fly. especially in the winter with few pax. It is grossly underpowered in my opinion.

Sounds like you guys have something to shoot for in the next contract. B4 I sound too stupid though, Colgan is unionized right?

I take it your alls contract language doesn't keep this from happening daily?

How 'bout tactics to try and hold them to their original decisions? Anything ever help?

colgan isn't union and i tried to pull that "my rest starts over now" thing once. THen they pointed out in our fopp where it says that a call from company doesn't count as interupted rest. I answered the phone...... shame on me. Speaking of schedule changes, i just went on crewtrac and had like 20 notifications of schedule changes!!!!!!!!! MY entire month has been changed! I must be a semi-finalist for "doing tha colgan" this month!

dingo222 said:
colgan isn't union and i tried to pull that "my rest starts over now" thing once. THen they pointed out in our fopp where it says that a call from company doesn't count as interupted rest. I answered the phone...... shame on me. Speaking of schedule changes, i just went on crewtrac and had like 20 notifications of schedule changes!!!!!!!!! MY entire month has been changed! I must be a semi-finalist for "doing tha colgan" this month!
wow dude. that sucks. i thought it was an FAR. oh well.

dingo222 said:
it's even better when you have a 5:30 am show, and they call you 11:30 the night before to tell you it has changed.......... and to show at 4am, but they don't call you at midnight to tell you it has changed again and you don't have to show until 6:30 am........ THat's when you have been "Done by the Colgan"

Checked out in BOS and sent to hotel. Told to show at 0700. Called me at 0400 and told me that they hadn't changed my show time and show at 0700.

Turn off your phone. Act stupid. Show at show time. Your long 16 hr day starts. Case closed.

Latest resources

Back