Colgan Saab340 Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
suupah said:
i heard we wer going back to celestial nav. and for imc, a chat, a stopwatch, an e6b and ofcourse a prayer book.

Celestial nav and a sextant. Reminds me of my first six months in the Beech up in SYR. Pring Prang used to break out that ridiculous thing and try to do a sight reduction. Best I ever saw him do was localize us somewhere in the vicinity of New York state. Good times...

That was one good thing about Corpex (Regions Air) we did have GPS and MFD with a radar and terrain map.

I heard that he was coming back as asssistant CP to head up the sextant training dept.

dh82dvr said:
I heard that he was coming back as asssistant CP to head up the sextant training dept.

I knew he'd make it back to Colgan somehow....If I remember didn't he teach Jeb how to fly back in the day. Isn't that why he mananged to not get fired for as long as he did? On the plus side if you were wrong about a FAR and he heard you, you would find a copy of the FAR highlighted in your mailbox usually within a few short weeks.

great cornholio said:
On the plus side if you were wrong about a FAR and he heard you, you would find a copy of the FAR highlighted in your mailbox usually within a few short weeks.

That was the odd thing about him. He knew better than anyone exactly which FARs and company regulations he was breaking.

Going into Albany, Portland, Islip, various other Class Cs:

MP: "Ask for permission to exceed 200 kts within 4nm"
Me: "No Mark, if you want to, ask yourself"
MP: "Request permission to exceed 200 kts within 4nm"
Tower: "Approved"

....1 minute later....

GPWS: "Too low, flaps. Too low, flaps"
MP: "Flaps landing, before landing checklist"
Me: "Before landing checklist, landing gear three-" (Aircraft touches down)

Dammit!

chperplt said:
I heard that was the plan until Mikey found out BK raised the price of the #1 extra value meal. No more GPSs.... So Sorry!!:laugh:

Mickey D's raised their prices too....

Just remember at Colgan GPS stands for Going Perfectly Straight :laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back