Colgan Saab340 Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, heard that to...

I heard that from Elvis while I was waiting in line at the pet store to get food for my unicorn and a collar for my pet jack-a-lope....

A panel mount? There is no room in the old girl for it. I heard its handhelds, payroll deducted from F/O pay. Slant alpha no more!

I have some old single waypoint lorans sitting around the shop that I'll sell you guys for CHEAP money!

GEORGE DUBYA said:
I heard all of the Saabs are being outfitted with GPS's. Garmin 150's is what I heard. They are sweet.

I heard that was the plan until Mikey found out BK raised the price of the #1 extra value meal. No more GPSs.... So Sorry!!:laugh:

Loran's would be awesome. Maybe someone could explain to me why half our friggin planes don't have DME on the FO's side. What did they get some guy from the local car stereo place to wire our avionics? How hard is this? Maybe one day my altimeter could read the same as the Captains. I love how our headings are off by 20 degrees too.

I got some nice, barely used VLF/Omega's for sale, works great, last long time!

Or perhaps a nice sextant with an instruction manual!

i heard we wer going back to celestial nav. and for imc, a chat, a stopwatch, an e6b and ofcourse a prayer book.

GEORGE DUBYA said:
Loran's would be awesome. Maybe someone could explain to me why half our friggin planes don't have DME on the FO's side. What did they get some guy from the local car stereo place to wire our avionics? How hard is this? Maybe one day my altimeter could read the same as the Captains. I love how our headings are off by 20 degrees too.

From what I remember only 3 didn't have DME on the FOs side, LVE, LVJ and LVF. I could be wrong though. It did suck not having it.

The headings shouldn't be 20 degrees off (unless someone hit the button on 13 in LGA) and in most airplanes the Altimeters are off. It's no different in the ERJ.

"Colgan XXXX, proceed direct BOSOX."

"Unable."

"Can you guys fly headings?"

"Affirmative."

"Fly heading 260."

Happens all the time. The only thing that warms my heart is that I hear the ABX DC-9 guys going through the same sh!t. Except they make 4X more than I do flying the 260 heading.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back