Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tram said:
BSkin-

My times are correct.. How is the maintainence there? I am seriously in a pickle.. I dunno what to do.. Go to Colgan or wait for something like CHQ or XJet..

MX is questionable. Haven't been there for 14 mos and 16 days (not that I'm counting) but it still sounds questionable. I know most of the mx folks try hard, but they may be given limited resources. Big thing is as a Capt to have the cajones to tell them NO if something is questionable. I can tell you I averaged more mx delays/cancellations per week at Colgan than I have had in 11 mos. online at my current operator(1 total).

Attn all former Colgan pilots: Dignity for sale. Claim yours now. Free Confidence with every purchase. Must join "Win Win Team".[/QUOTE]

Your right, why would I expect any pilot to look out for someone else. We should just let them continue to dodge the bullet by contractual intimidation while they continue to place lives at risk. I knew I was barking up the wrong tree.

We should just let them continue to dodge the bullet by contractual intimidation

Where do you get the contractual part of the above statement??? Where's the contract??

Colgan is absolutely run by fear and intimidation. From dx to the DO to the VP. Some day DR is going to meet a pissed off pilot in a dark alley and it'll be all over.

I have to believe the "fear and intimidation" tactics have mostly subsided. In the 9 months I've been a captain, there hasn't really been any pressure to do anything stupid. I know there's been some scrutiny recently from the FAA, so perhaps they've had to rethink things somewhat.

Of course if we keep having problems with these old Saabs, that scrutiny will intensify...

R, your avatar is creeping me out! How are things?

Last edited:
Meet the P.O.ed Pilot

Some day DR is going to meet a pissed off pilot in a dark alley and it'll be all over.[/QUOTE]

How dare they extend me an extra leg or 2 when I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow. I'll let my girlfriend beat the shiznay out of em all...

BTW, the guardian angels saved me again Tuesday when a bleed line to the ACMs busted & leaked hot bleed air into the cabin floor. Good thing it happened on the ground. I definitely owe Scott and Steve a toast while I'm on vacation.

chper....PM me the Alligent stuff. I'll discuss it with the future Mrs. Soprano.

Last edited:
Prop2Jet said:
Anything I should know in training about the SAAB? What should I pay attention to?

MEL and Emergency Procedures.

Godfather,

You definately have someone watching over you.

Latest resources

Back