• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You will want to pay attention to the memory items. These are procedures you memorize for engine failures and fires. And other things that go wrong with the plane during flight. Also pay attention to stuff the ground and sim instructors teach you, and tell you to know.

Yeh, I went to an interview this week.. Man, I have love for the guys who put up with Colgan's shenannery.. :) I got a taste of it just for the interview..

I went to the interview, I think given the way Chuck Colgan presented himself, I have a lil' bit of room, plus - I said I have love for the guys who put up with Colgan's stuff... So it's not like I'm knockin you guys for being there...

You should have your memory items ready for ioe, and the line. Especially engine shutdown procedures, engine failures before/after V1, and aborted TO's. Don't worry, fo's don't have to talk to the big wigs at colgan unless you REALLY screw up!

Upgrade time:

Is it really a quick upgrade still. I think we are about done taking on new SAABS. Does anyone know if we are getting any more flying or SAABS?

I have flown with some 1 year FO's that are ready for upgrades.

Does anyone know if we are getting any more flying or SAABS?
[/QUOTE]

Yep, we're done with gettin Saabs. Fleet total stands at 32 Saabs and 9 Beeches. Only problem now is lack of flight crews and mechanics (that know how to fix the planes correctly in the first place). Very short on Saab crews right now especially Captains.

I am very excited!!! Just remember, when we are 1 year into our career that "one day we were flying a 'desk' or something close to it" and that our new job is the best office in the world. Always realize what you have; what you have achieved; and how lucky you are to be sitting in a cockpit and flying for a living. Money will come, bills will be paid, and if not get married and have her/him get a job to help out!!!!
See you all soon. :)

P2J

Latest resources

Back