• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Pilots ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How is the quality of life at Colgan? I have a friend interested and I was curious, any advice? Thanks...

How is the quality of life at Colgan? I have a friend interested and I was curious, any advice? Thanks...

Honestly....IF you are based at home...or at least where you want to be....then the lack of overnights can be really nice. (I was home every night but two last month.) Outstation basing leads to a lot of scheduling challenges when it come to sick calls and such. This is otherwise known as doing da Colgan. There are lots of repos and schedule changes in addition. Other than that you pretty much get what you expect from a regional. IAH is a bit more like a real airline with overnights. Good luck..

VV

Honestly....IF you are based at home...or at least where you want to be....then the lack of overnights can be really nice. (I was home every night but two last month.) Outstation basing leads to a lot of scheduling challenges when it come to sick calls and such. This is otherwise known as doing da Colgan. There are lots of repos and schedule changes in addition. Other than that you pretty much get what you expect from a regional. IAH is a bit more like a real airline with overnights. Good luck..

VV

Thanks...I'll pass this along. I work for a small regional too, a company that leaves something to be desired most days. But I must say, the people I work with are great! I know all too well about scheduling challenges and schedule changes, that don't benefit us, of course. How long's the upgrade? Sabb vs. Beech?

Latest resources

Back