COLGAN PILOTS: E-Mailing List

ColganPilot

Total Time
0 - 5K
To, All Pilots/Maintenace Personnel/Ticket Agents Employed at Colgan

An e-mail directory is in the process of being created to keep all employees in immediate contact and communications with each other regarding the company. Unhappy with the current state of things at Colgan then sign up this directory will be you outlet free from managerial intervetion or manipulation. The truth will stand here, where employees at thes company can feel free to communicate to a broad community. Improving QOL at Colgan starts here with communication.
From here we can take the next steps together rather than risk being martyred at it alone.

IMPORTANT: I do not want to know your name or identity. Anonyimity is your friend. Create an e-mail address that cannnot be connected to you in any shape or form. ( www.hotmail.com ) ( www.yahoo.com )

Once you have created a safe E-mail, then Private Message it to me.
From there it will be added into the directory.

Once the directory is large enough and strong enough we can start to make a change. The change is not just about money, we all knew we weren't going to be millionares when we got into this industry. Its about the right we deserve as professionals, as pilots who have dedicated our lives in perfecting our trade. It's about improving our Quality of Life. If you are completely 100% happy and content with the way things are at Colgan, do not bother to participate, but if you are not, the changes start here.

chperplt

Total Time
Did you answer your phone on a day off by accident??

BRA

Rollins Rules!
Total Time
You know that screen name is gonna follow you for years, one day you may be a FEdex MD-11 captain, however you will still be "colganpilot". I would re-register and pick something like "bra" or something. Or perhaps, "Care E it". Late.

NYCPilot

Incorporated.
Total Time
BRA said:
You know that screen name is gonna follow you for years, one day you may be a FEdex MD-11 captain, however you will still be "colganpilot". I would re-register and pick something like "bra" or something. Or perhaps, "Care E it". Late.
Dude, I don't think he created it to last. It was selected to attract attention and get Colgan pilots to unite. It was just created this month for this purpose, to solicit support.

chperplt

Total Time
NYC

Do you really think that BRA didn't know that???:rolleyes:

NYCPilot

Incorporated.
Total Time
chperplt said:
NYC

Do you really think that BRA didn't know that???:rolleyes:

I was hoping so. I felt bad having to point that out if he didn't!

Godfather

Total Time
18000+
Yeah right, like this will help..

Give my email away to you and you think you can help us make things better? WTF?

As I recall, some years ago I believe that a former CJC pilot tried this. He was claiming the same as you are now and that he was gonna get the Woerthless Puppy Chow Union in to make our lives better. He got canned. If you are trying the same thing, think again...BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!!! or maybe you are BB trying to trick us.

What a joke getting everyone's email. If you are thinking about the "U" word or "ALPO", think again. You better PM me now. If anyone talks to Woerthless, it will be me first. I want to tell him to his face what a tool he is. If you are ALPO, then why didn't you guys here our plea 3-4 years ago when we knocked on the door. Thanks for pulling the welcome mat out from under our feet and showing us at Colgan the disrespect you did. If you are at Colgan and are P.O.d then join the crowd. My best advice is leave if you are not happy. The grass is greener on the other side.

Last edited by a moderator:

BSkin

GATORS
Total Time
>8000
ColganPilot said:
Once the directory is large enough and strong enough we can start to make a change. The change is not just about money, we all knew we weren't going to be millionares when we got into this industry. Its about the right we deserve as professionals, as pilots who have dedicated our lives in perfecting our trade. It's about improving our Quality of Life. If you are completely 100% happy and content with the way things are at Colgan, do not bother to participate, but if you are not, the changes start here.
Man, are you dreaming! This will do squat. Nice idea though. Saw, and heard of such things in my 4 years there, and if you think it'll stay anonymous, your crazy! 100 voices is no better than 1 voice there, not until you get unionized!

ColganPilot

Total Time
0 - 5K
Hi Big Brother

Godfather said:
Give my email away to you and you think you can help us make things better? WTF?

As I recall, some years ago I believe that a former CJC pilot tried this. He was claiming the same as you are now and that he was gonna get the Woerthless Puppy Chow Union in to make our lives better. He got canned. If you are trying the same thing, think again...BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!!! or maybe you are BB trying to trick us.

What a joke getting everyone's email. If you are thinking about the "U" word or "ALPO", think again. You better PM me now. If anyone talks to Woerthless, it will be me first. I want to tell him to his face what a tool he is. If you are ALPO, then why didn't you guys here our plea 3-4 years ago when we knocked on the door. Thanks for pulling the welcome mat out from under our feet and showing us at Colgan the disrespect you did. If you are at Colgan and are P.O.d then join the crowd. My best advice is leave if you are not happy. The grass is greener on the other side.

I don't recall ever mentioning anything about the "U" word or saying a thing about ALPA. All I am mearly attempting to do is open up dialogue and get the lines of communication going between pilots and other company personnel. Through this process perhaps a few ideas can be brought to the attentition of people who can make a change here. Big Brother is watching, good I'm glad he should be, maybe he can watch all of the dedicated pilots and professionals working day after day and week after week striving to meet the demands of Colgan. No need to get defensive over this fact, why should anyone be afraid of a few pilots talking, trading thoughts?
It seems like the tension at Colgan is so thick at times people are petrified and scared cause threating to fire someone is the best means to resolve any issues. Maybe throughly addressing an issue and coming to some type of resolution would take more time, however the issue would be resolved. That is how Colgan can become a better, more effiecient place.

OH and By The Way if I was Big Brother, I don't think I would have asked everyone to keep this Anonymous, Do You??

chperplt

Total Time
IF you really want to make a change at Colgan, I can give you the secret....

Are you ready????

Are you sure????

It's actually a simple formula... Feed the family. Go visit Dot or Val from time to time and bring a #1 value meal from B/K. If you make them happy, they will make you happy... and if you haven't noticed...food makes them happy!!

Godfather

Total Time
18000+
Lmaoraotf!!!!

chperplt said:
IF you really want to make a change at Colgan, I can give you the secret....

Are you ready????

Are you sure????

It's actually a simple formula... Feed the family. Go visit Dot or Val from time to time and bring a #1 value meal from B/K. If you make them happy, they will make you happy... and if you haven't noticed...food makes them happy!!
Supersize it...

Last edited:

BRA

Rollins Rules!
Total Time
NYCPilot said:
I was hoping so. I felt bad having to point that out if he didn't!
is that a squirel pounding a beer?

banned username 1

Banned
Banned User
I know this is probably going to ruin my reputation...

but it is already right? I'm LMFAO at the posts here. As someone that has had more experience with CJC than anybody else on the Board, you guys have hit it on the head.

It's a family company and always will be. It's like most family companies- and I won't go into it- you can figure it out. All I'll say is that it must be really easy to run a regional airline.

Along with the other secrets divulged here is one from me gleaned from years of watching there. Paranoia is the order of the day. Starts from the top, down. Won't ever go away. Here's the reason: L. M. Syndrome.

Too bad, could have had a lot of the marbles except for the recurring re-runs of All in the Family.

A little FYI- forget about communicating like that. It's pie in the sky and they'll find out who you are somehow and you'll be gone. If you want to do something, go at it bigtime or not at all with them. And BTW- document EVERYTHING- you may need it later.

BSkin

GATORS
Total Time
>8000
UAL78 said:
but it is already right? I'm LMFAO at the posts here. As someone that has had more experience with CJC than anybody else on the Board, you guys have hit it on the head.

It's a family company and always will be. It's like most family companies- and I won't go into it- you can figure it out. All I'll say is that it must be really easy to run a regional airline.

Along with the other secrets divulged here is one from me gleaned from years of watching there. Paranoia is the order of the day. Starts from the top, down. Won't ever go away. Here's the reason: L. M. Syndrome.

Too bad, could have had a lot of the marbles except for the recurring re-runs of All in the Family.

A little FYI- forget about communicating like that. It's pie in the sky and they'll find out who you are somehow and you'll be gone. If you want to do something, go at it bigtime or not at all with them. And BTW- document EVERYTHING- you may need it later.
Well said, UAL.

Unless you're willing to be the fall guy, which I've seen a few there, you better rethink your intentions, CJC pilot! You're efforts would fall on deaf ears and only get you in trouble, or fired! Unless you can change the Senator's, and the rest of the gene pool's mind about union, your fuc'd. Get your time, live with it, and move on! In the meantime, go with Cherplt's advice, food delivery to SKEDS, and crew planning will make things at least ok!

chperplt

Total Time
Just remember...... It's the #1 combo at B/K.. Not the #2.

Oh... and what ever you do... Go Big.... Go real big!!!:cool:

NYCPilot

Incorporated.
Total Time
BRA said:
is that a squirel pounding a beer?
Yeah, it seems he prefers the bud over what appears to be a PBR...and he's sipping through a straw for an extra buzz!!!

ColganPilot

Total Time
0 - 5K
DIRECTORY UPDATE: 43 Members Joined as of Wednesday, Septemeber 28th

Thanks for all the support thus far, I appreciate everyone's feedback.

Current Projects:
1.) Setting up Luncheon at the BK for Management. Don't forget to donate your two cents, always welcome.
2.) Scheduling: Hot Reserve, Warm Reserve, and Cold Reserve

I realize that the directory may be wishful thinking on my behalf, but its worth a shot. There does seem to be enough people at Colgan who want to make a difference. So if you are one of these people then tell a friend and jump on the boat. Thanks again

Last edited:

ColganPilot

Total Time
0 - 5K
DIRECTORY UPDATE: 66 Members Joined as of Friday, Septemeber 30th

Last edited:

Godfather

Total Time
18000+
You didn't ask for your Godfather's blessing...

ColganPilot said:
DIRECTORY UPDATE: 43 Members Joined as of Wednesday, Septemeber 28th

Thanks for all the support thus far, I appreciate everyone's feedback.

Current Projects:
1.) Setting up Luncheon at the BK for Management. Don't forget to donate your two cents, always welcome.
2.) Scheduling: Hot Reserve, Warm Reserve, and Cold Reserve

I realize that the directory may be wishful thinking on my behalf, but its worth a shot. There does seem to be enough people at Colgan who want to make a difference. So if you are one of these people then tell a friend and jump on the boat. Thanks again
WTF? I think it's time you PM'd me. You don't do anything until you consult with me first, capiche? You know why everyone calls me Tony Soprano at Colgan? As a senior Captain here, you should have consulted me first. I am disappointed in that you didn't take Furio's (chper's) and Paulie's advice (Bskin's). I would check my 6 if I were you. It won't be us coming after ya, it will the entire Colgan Family.

Last edited: