• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan pilot pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it's any help, I do know that we're totally swamped with training, Colgan is a small company that's doubling in size in less than a year so, that includes all the Saab upgrades, Beech captain transitions to the Saab, Beech upgrades, and new hires .... It will take a bit of time for things to catch up ....

Hang in there ....

If you say so.......

TheBigH said:
If it's any help, I do know that we're totally swamped with training, Colgan is a small company that's doubling in size in less than a year so, that includes all the Saab upgrades, Beech captain transitions to the Saab, Beech upgrades, and new hires .... It will take a bit of time for things to catch up ....

Hang in there ....

Thanks, but not really. When I interviewed was the 8th of march and Bunch Of us didn't hear anything. Today 2 people that I know got the no thanks letter. I called today and was told that I was "Colgan material" and I did good in the interview. And that the final decision wasn't made yet. But people who interview the next few weeks was put in Ground school and found out that they where hired in 2 days. To go through all of that and to be given a excuse that they are busy, while clearly that they are hiring everybody else and make decisions like that is very fishy and unprofessional. Colgan sounds like a great company to work for but they sure are treating the march 8th people like crap.

Mosquito

Mosquito said:
Thanks, but not really. When I interviewed was the 8th of march and Bunch Of us didn't hear anything. Today 2 people that I know got the no thanks letter. I called today and was told that I was "Colgan material" and I did good in the interview. And that the final decision wasn't made yet. But people who interview the next few weeks was put in Ground school and found out that they where hired in 2 days. To go through all of that and to be given a excuse that they are busy, while clearly that they are hiring everybody else and make decisions like that is very fishy and unprofessional. Colgan sounds like a great company to work for but they sure are treating the march 8th people like crap.

Mosquito

Stop whining dude! Colgan is an unprofessional company in many ways. A Mom and Pop company that is trying to stay that way, all the while growing. They do as they please.

You, if your profile is correct, have just over 1000 hours. The reason people got hired after you interviewed is, most likely, because they are more qualified. Be happy you weren't one of your peers that got the letter. The same thing happened to me when I was trying to leave Colgan. I interviewed and heard nothing for 2 1/2 months. After I heard people in my interview group were getting denied, I called HR and they basically said it's a good thing you didn't get the letter. 2 weeks later got the good news, then waited 3 more months to start.

Basically, you've got to realize there are many, many people on the street with more quals than you. That's not to say they won't get to you, because they probably will. They like hiring people with low time because they know you won't leave for a while, unless you want to break the 1-year contract and go to the RJ companies.

If you do get on, it's a good place to get time and quickly upgrade, especially on the Beech side of the house. Just watch your a$$ 24/7.

Mosquito,

I understand the frustration and I feel for you. As everyone has said, no news is good news. It is a bit strange that they haven't gone one way or another with you right now, but I know there is a class starting on the 14th, and they're just swamped. I think that class is going to be Saabs too. Listen to me hard on this: low timers will more than likely be put in the next 1900 class, which they will have very shortly. Don't give up until they give you the "no thanks" letter. The Saab side is suffering from growing pains, and with upgrading 1900 capitans to the Saab, those pains are felt on the Beech side. Don't give it up, and keep on working while you wait.

Good luck, I just finished systems and start the sim training on Monday in St. Louis.

Shy

ShyFlyGuy said:
Good luck, I just finished systems and start the sim training on Monday in St. Louis.
Shy

Any idea when that next Beech class is starting .... ?

ShyFlyGuy said:
Mosquito,

I understand the frustration and I feel for you. As everyone has said, no news is good news. It is a bit strange that they haven't gone one way or another with you right now, but I know there is a class starting on the 14th, and they're just swamped. I think that class is going to be Saabs too. Listen to me hard on this: low timers will more than likely be put in the next 1900 class, which they will have very shortly. Don't give up until they give you the "no thanks" letter. The Saab side is suffering from growing pains, and with upgrading 1900 capitans to the Saab, those pains are felt on the Beech side. Don't give it up, and keep on working while you wait.

Shy

Thanks Shy, I know I been vented in this post because I don't have a clear answer and I feel that I've been left out in the dark. It's frustrating and I am going to let it go for now. I am going to concertrate on my work and baseball ( Mets SUCKS so far) I'll keep you huys posted if I will be joining th Colgan Clan. And I promise I will buy you guys that have been nice to me beers.
Good luck with the sim training.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back