• Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mosquito said:
What do you love about your company.

Most of the goys are a blast to fly with
That fourth stripe comes pretty quick
That second type rating should be coming quick too

and most of all ...

The chicks dig us ...

Can't wait to hear what the "BIG" announcement is?

Top 10 guesses:

1. Colgan will be the launch customer for Raytheons latest version of the Beech 1900...The BE-1900J (CATIIIa certified, 5-tube Honeywell EFIS system with dual HUDs, newly designed lightweight composite construction, High-bypass turbofans coupled with a NACA critcal wing airfoil to give it 2000 mile range at .82 mach number).

2. Bluefield is getting an Approach Light System.

3. New codeshare with Gulfstream and TAB Express.

4. The LVC is going to make a comeback in COEX colors

5. All crewmember are recieving NEXTEL "walkie-talkies".

6. CJC wins the award for most MELs one a single airframe in one day...

7. We're getting a $5.00 across the board raise, and per diem for all duty time.

8. New Maintenance base opening in Presque Isle.

9. A revolving door is being installed at company headquarters.

10. New AP being installed in Beech's...

If anyone else has anything they'd like to add for some comic relief to this that would be great...Can't take ourselves too seriously and if we didn't have a sense of humor none of us will survive in this industry...

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

11. MC Jr. keeps saying that we'll be in Jets by next year, that was 4 years ago.

12. 119CJ still holds the record for most open Mels at 50

13. Saabs getting paint jobs like the C model Beeches and given new monikers of Captain America 1 and 2.

14. Change call sign to Colgan 1 when the Senator is on board.

15. Chicks really do dig us

16. DR gets promoted to Chief Pilot

17. Eddie the Feddie always the first one to greet ya when ya pull up to the gate.

18. ATC knows ya by your first name at PIT and always give ya the cermonial hand-off with CCEEEEEYYYYAAAAAA!!!!!

19. Bids come out on the 25th of each month and are due back the next morning.

20. Screw Scheduling "we need ya to ferry LVJ to PQI, pick up LNA and take it to MNZ then take Captain America to IAH and then deadhead back to ALB to fly an 8 hour day. Don't worry about it, it's all part 91."

next....

21. All 50 seaters must fly at least 3 legs before the first engine failure

22. The ladies of scheduling are putting together the 2006 Colgan Swimsuit Edition calendar

23. Chicks will dig us twice as much in the 50 seaters

24. Saab will send a Swedish FA with the lease of a european Saab 2000

25. We've figured out a way to fly revenue legs under part 91

26. The C's going away was a big April fools joke and will be back starting May 1st

27. The chicks are gonna really dig us if we get the 2000's

28. We can't wait to see the faces on the Piedmont guys when we park OUR shiny DH3's next to theirs

29. No more timesheets, we will now be paid in old C model parts

30. It's been rumored that the chix won't dig us as much in DH3's ... They'll think we're Piedmont guys ...

31) Due to shortages of crews for the latest ramp up, all reckless gunslingers that have errrrr "resigned" in the last 2 years will be called upon for left seat saab 2000 slots. Including those that have navigated via sextant and luck.

Memo to colgan: You will have to pay mainline to clean us when we are not parked overnight at the outstations. With cleaning supplies.

Sincerely,
Saab 2000

Raotflmao!!!!!!!!

BSkin said:

32. Prange is our new CP, that's the big announcement.

Sextants, logarithms and cosigns for everyone! I see his new book is out titled, "How to be a real smart man and dumb*ss at the same time" or is it "Fying the ILS to straight in minimums and still circle to land on one engine and no flaps." Only MP could do that, boy I miss him......NOT!

Last edited:
"Fying the ILS to straight in minimums and still circle to land on one engine and no flaps." Only MP could do that, boy I miss him......NOT!

Let's not forget the late night ILS 24 to mins in HYA with a last minute circle to 15. You know those little pesky red lights they put on top of the street lights.. well, you had to look up to see those.

Oh.. Can't forget the early left turn off 4L in Boston at about 30'.. You know the one.. It sucked the rather large bird into the engine.

We can't forget the time he got locked into the SYR ops room and set off a few alarms getting out.. then decided to walk across the ramp and try and hop the fence to get out.. or the time he slept in the ops room and decided to take a peek out the window in the morning while everyone on the left side of the fully loaded 737 got to watch him in his boxers doing the morning rub.

Can't forget his normal V1 taxi speeds or the high speed taxies in PQI to get all the snow and ice off.. No deice fluid for him!

Almost forgot... The time(s) he got kicked off the airport properties in PWM and BHB for sleeping in a tent next to his car.

My all time favorite though... When the FBI came to visit him in Portland shortly after 9/11.. I guess a guy can't buy low level maps of the eastern US now a days without people getting suspicious.

How about the times he would leave the airplane and go into ops during a single engine turn while the FO was boarding the flight..

How can a dude show up to the airplane at 0430 in the winter and smell like he's just woked a 12 hour day at the factory...

So many more stories... so little time to tell them!

My favorite was seeing him make a beeline for newstands so he could see the latest edition of "Seventeen" or some other teen age girl's magazines. My alltime favoritewas when Prange and I got "repo'd" to ALB because Brink was trying to chase him down. He had no driver's license and he never returned Tom's phone calls. He evaded Brink in ALB, and we then got called to HEF. Brink met us on the ramp.

I can't believe I actually miss that place sometimes.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back