Colgan parking airplanes and voluntary furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Afraid to Fly

Well, we have obviously heard the news about Colgan parking aeroplanes by the end of the year.

They say 3-4 Saabs along with the 4 Beeches that are are going bye-bye. Do you guys think that is going to stand firm or do you think it will be more?

Also any chance we are going to park Qs with Commutair being assigned flying out of EWR?

Finally, think anyone here is actually going to take a voluntary furlough?

Well, we have obviously heard the news about Colgan parking aeroplanes by the end of the year.

They say 3-4 Saabs along with the 4 Beeches that are are going bye-bye. Do you guys think that is going to stand firm or do you think it will be more?

Also any chance we are going to park Qs with Commutair being assigned flying out of EWR?

I'm thinking about it...

Shy

That sucks i have a friend that just started at Colgan. How many furloughs?

Who uses the word "aeroplanes" nowadays?????? Do you live in the US?

I'll probably take the voluntary furlough. But the usual protections (seniority, tenure, etc.) must be in place, and in writing. Since there is no union yet (go teamsters!!) everyone should get something in writing that is legally enforceable. Something that would stand up better than those weak training contracts that Buddy whipped up on legalzoom.com.

I'll probably take the voluntary furlough. But the usual protections (seniority, tenure, etc.) must be in place, and in writing. Since there is no union yet (go teamsters!!) everyone should get something in writing that is legally enforceable. Something that would stand up better than those weak training contracts that Buddy whipped up on legalzoom.com.

Are you serious.....

Why would Colgan spend any time giving non union employees recall rights...

If you want recall rights then you should have worked ( as I and many non colgan pilots did) to vote in ALPA last year... that train has left the station...

Your post is equivalent to seeing a hurricane approaching and deciding now is the time for a plan. The time for a plan was last year...

Good luck!

The big question is that if seniority becomes difficult to honor will they terminate out of seniority order? I would find it hard to believe that Buddy would furlough a Q-400 pilot only to replace him with a displaced Saab pilot that required training. Thats not his style at all.

Latest resources

Back