Colgan parking airplanes and voluntary furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you serious.....

Why would Colgan spend any time giving non union employees recall rights...

If you want recall rights then you should have worked (as I and many non colgan pilots did) to vote in ALPA last year... that train has left the station...

Your post is equivalent to seeing a hurricane approaching and deciding now is the time for a plan. The time for a plan was last year...

Good luck!
That says something when the Colgan pilots won't vote in ALPA. Speaks volumes about ALPA.

That says something when the Colgan pilots won't vote in ALPA. Speaks volumes about ALPA.

What it says to me is:

Many Colgan pilots felt that if they didn't vote in ALPA mgmt would probably reward them by growing the airline (with money made at Pinnacle), thereby giving them a perceived jump in their careers over their unionized peers.

Short-sighted selfishness, in other words.

Turbo

What it says to me is:

Many Colgan pilots felt that if they didn't vote in ALPA mgmt would probably reward them by growing the airline (with money made at Pinnacle), thereby giving them a perceived jump in their careers over their unionized peers.

Short-sighted selfishness, in other words.

Turbo

Exactly. I had a Colgan FO in my jumpseat a few weeks ago. I mentioned to him that it was too bad they didn't get ALPA but hoped they would get it next time around if they vote again and wished him the best of luck.

He gave me a confused stare and said "what? no! I hope not!" and proceeded to tell me that they would've gotten ALPA all of those Q400s would've gone to Pinnacle and he'd be stuck flying a Saab... which he seemed to think was below him. He then further went on to say that he will vote no again just in case Colgan's lack of union is able to get them some of Pinnacle's CRJs.

Nevermind the fact that all the CRJs were Pinnacle's well before Colgan ever came around and the Q400s wouldn't exist if it werent for the hard work of Pinnacle pilots either. I was in shock hearing what was coming out of his mouth... good luck Pinnacle guys, you have at least one person over at Colgan watering at the mouth hoping to steal your jobs.

just in case Colgan's lack of union is able to get them some of Pinnacle's CRJs.

Nevermind the fact that all the CRJs were Pinnacle's well before Colgan ever came around and the Q400s wouldn't exist if it werent for the hard work of Pinnacle pilots either. I was in shock hearing what was coming out of his mouth... good luck Pinnacle guys, you have at least one person over at Colgan watering at the mouth hoping to steal your jobs.

And for some reason you think this guy speaks for an entire pilot group? There are folks just like him at every airline. Lighten up, Francis.

The ones that didn't bother to vote or voted no.

And please don't bother telling me how great Colgan was and that ALPA is evil.

Sorry about the furloughs (really), a single list might have helped you there.

Turbo

Exactly. I had a Colgan FO in my jumpseat a few weeks ago. I mentioned to him that it was too bad they didn't get ALPA but hoped they would get it next time around if they vote again and wished him the best of luck.

He gave me a confused stare and said "what? no! I hope not!" and proceeded to tell me that they would've gotten ALPA all of those Q400s would've gone to Pinnacle and he'd be stuck flying a Saab... which he seemed to think was below him. He then further went on to say that he will vote no again just in case Colgan's lack of union is able to get them some of Pinnacle's CRJs.

I have a hard time believing this... believe me he is waaaay in the minority. The colgan pilot culture is "leave us the f alone in our lil corner doing our thing."

he must be extremely green behind the ears and really stupid

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back